Special Offer For Nuendo Users!

Post general topics related to Nuendo 6 here.
drorh4

Special Offer For Nuendo Users!

Post by drorh4 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:58 am

Hey,
dont wanna be rude, but are we, Nuendo users, will ever see a headline like that like all the other Steinberg users?
:?
OSX sierra 10.12.6 (MacBook pro mid12)
Win10 (desktop studio PC)
Nuendo 8.3.20 - Wavelab 9.5
Lynx Aurora 8
Motu Ultralite
Waves/plugin Alliance/Soundtoys

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Re: Special Offer For Nuendo Users!

Post by MattiasNYC » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:26 am

Interesting point. My guess is that it's never ever going to happen. Like, ever.
Nuendo 7.1.4 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Ryzen 1700 3.7GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Nvidia GTX 660 / ASUS x370-A mobo/ 500GB WD Blue system drive / Crucial BX100 250GB SSD media / spinners for library/backup ::::: iZotope RX / Phoenixverb Surround / DaVinci Resolve / Faderport / Applied Acoustics UltraAnalog / my pet pony Frank

drorh4

Post by drorh4 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:44 am

Agree..
When you willing to buy Nuendo you are already the niche consumer whom willing to pay for anything.
Lynx Aurora 8
Motu Ultralite

Sunshy

Post by Sunshy » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:08 pm

Haha you got me! Sad but true.
N 8.3 Cubase 10
Intel Core I7-3930K Sandy Bridge 3.8, 64 GB Corsair RAM, Itel 330 Series SSD Drive for OS, Win 10 Pro 64 bit
RME UFX, UR28M, CC 121, Blackmagic Intensity Pro

Heiner Einbier

Post by Heiner Einbier » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:29 pm

Well, they DID give us the Pro Sound Effects, and I actually have used two of those clips in a film since then.
What other special offers are you looking for? Free book club membership? A discount on the next pack of Twinkies you buy at Wal-Mart?
No but seriously - I got Nuendo to have a reliable and powerful DAW at a reasonable price, and that's what I got. AFAIK PT users don't get many special offers either, and they only have a reliable and powerful DAW at a stupendously extortionate price, so I think we're doing OK...
ASUS/Intel Z270 chipset - Core i7-7700K CPU 4.2GHz - 32GB RAM
RME Fireface UCX, current driver
BlackMagic DeckLink MiniMonitor SDI, current driver
AVID Artist mix, current driver
Windows 10

Asus Notebook Core i7 5500U 12 GB RAM
Windows 10

Nuendo 10
Cubase Pro 10

Wheels

Post by Wheels » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:52 pm

The Loudness Meter alone is worth $300 elsewhere. That is a pretty good gift.
John "Wheels" Hurlbut

Nuendo 10 + PT 10 & 11.Win 10 Pro PC, i9 12 Core CPU, 64 Gig Ram, Dangerous Source Monitor Controller, SSL Nucleus Console. Waves and UAD II Plug-ins etc. Adobe Creative Cloud.

Oliver.Lucas

Post by Oliver.Lucas » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:02 pm

You can get all of Cubase's music functionality

NEK 249,- :mrgreen:
Main machine: Fireface UFX+ 64GB, 2TB Hecacore macmini 10.14.x, egpu
Avid ProTools Ulitimate and S3. A gazillion plugings

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:14 pm

I'm pretty sure that stuff that's included doesn't qualify as a "special offer", so it's pretty silly to argue that an included meter or whatever is equal to it.

We certainly do get a decent amount of good stuff for the money, all things considered. But I think the point here might be that some of us have been with Steinberg and have owned Nuendo since the beginning of the century or whenever version 1 was released. So as a customer since about 2001 or so it actually sometimes feels like getting thrown a bone for having supported Steinberg for a decade and a half would be nice. Look at how UA operates for example. And it's not the only example.
Nuendo 7.1.4 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Ryzen 1700 3.7GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Nvidia GTX 660 / ASUS x370-A mobo/ 500GB WD Blue system drive / Crucial BX100 250GB SSD media / spinners for library/backup ::::: iZotope RX / Phoenixverb Surround / DaVinci Resolve / Faderport / Applied Acoustics UltraAnalog / my pet pony Frank

Rotund

Post by Rotund » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:59 am

Lydiot wrote:I'm pretty sure that stuff that's included doesn't qualify as a "special offer", so it's pretty silly to argue that an included meter or whatever is equal to it.

We certainly do get a decent amount of good stuff for the money, all things considered. But I think the point here might be that some of us have been with Steinberg and have owned Nuendo since the beginning of the century or whenever version 1 was released. So as a customer since about 2001 or so it actually sometimes feels like getting thrown a bone for having supported Steinberg for a decade and a half would be nice. Look at how UA operates for example. And it's not the only example.
I have to agree, having been using Nuendo since Version 1.
I just dropped $400.00 over at UA because they gave me a very sweet deal.
Why can't Steinberg offer a deal every once in a great while?
It really seems to show a lack of confidence in the products.
Would a deal for the long time users of your most expensive product
really devalue your software that much?
I also just acquired Sony's CD Architect. Would have loved to get Wavelab instead, but with no discount at all for being a Nuendo owner it was too much.

I would love a discount on a Cubase 8 Pro license but even though I paid for Nuendo+NEK,
it ain't gonna happen. Why don't you want more people to use your software? All of your software?
Especially people who have already paid for it in another form?
Some people have more then one room facilities. I would like a Nuendo room and a Cubase room. Instead of a Nuendo room and a Reaper Room.

Just seems like bad business to me.
Inboard:
Win7Pro 64Bit, i7 3770k, Gigabyte Z77-UHD5, 12gb Corsair (1600Mhz), Nuendo+Nek 6.5, Reaper 4.591, Samplitude Pro X2, Studio One 3.5, CD Architect 5.2, RME Raydat, UAD PCIe Quad+Duo.

Outboard:
Moog Model D (Vintage), Sub 37, Minitaur, Slim Phatty, DSI OB-6 Desktop, Prophet Rev2 8 Voice, Roland Integra 7, SE-02, Korg Prologue 16, Triton Le, Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55, Sound Gizmo.

Adam_Bove

Post by Adam_Bove » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:16 am

Once upon a time Steinberg offered a new, separate license for Cubase 6 to Nuendo users as a special offer for $200. I believe the reason was that they were behind on development for Nuendo at the time and us Nuendo users couldn't stop drooling for some of the features.
Intel Core 2 Quad | Windows 10 64bit | Nuendo 8.3.0 | Cubase 10.0.10

drorh4

Post by drorh4 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:34 am

I don't get the "we get the best for our money anyway" approach, WTH are you trying to prove? loyalty?
Its not a Wagnarian romantic opera, its a product and this is a company and we are customers. I dont care what Avid got to offer cause I use Nuendo.

I dont sit and think that i have the best DAW in the world, it has its flaws but i get on with it because the pros are greater the cons. period.

NOW - most Nuendo users are NOT the "kid sitting in his bedroom with acoustk guitar" kind of customer. We need the Sh*t to work, we need to get into the website and be connected and solve problems with the company. Sorry but (and I dont think im alone here), in the last 3 years I see all kind of special offers, discounts, flexibility towards Cubase consumers and VSTi and Sequle or Wavelab. NON WAS HAPPEND FOR NUENDO. (execpt endless time of waiting for something) .

With all the respect. I have my own terras of SoundFX without SB. "30 year anniversary" last year, I could have thought on some extra features I would like to have and those "included" features are closed with a big price tag on the for whatever the reason.
Lynx Aurora 8
Motu Ultralite

Heiner Einbier

Post by Heiner Einbier » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:00 am

I see where you guys are coming from, and I have to say I agree about the Cubase license. It would be a nice turn from Steinberg if they offered a discount there, or at least a chance to crossgrade from Cubase to Nuendo at a discount.
However, as I am also a Cubase user, I'd like to ask you: What offers do you mean? I haven't seen any offers, Cubase-wise, in the last years that would have made me bite. Ok, I don't like most of Steiny's VSTi's and as to their hardware I won't even comment, but even in that direction I can't recall being offered anything there...
As to UA, yes, they do always throw us some very nice bones, but lots of times I've caught myself spending money for stuff I really didn't need, which of course is exactly the purpose of such offers... ;) I remember getting the Fatso once for 249 instead of 299$... I hardly ever use it. So basically I still wasted 249 bucks.
On the other hand - when NI gave us the Supercharger for Christmas, now THAT was nice...
Windows 10

Windows 10

Nuendo 10
Cubase Pro 10

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:13 pm

Heiner Einbier wrote:I see where you guys are coming from, and I have to say I agree about the Cubase license. It would be a nice turn from Steinberg if they offered a discount there, or at least a chance to crossgrade from Cubase to Nuendo at a discount.
However, as I am also a Cubase user, I'd like to ask you: What offers do you mean?
I don't think it has to be particularly complicated. It could be offering plug-ins for free or a nice discount. Say the Portico plugs, or the advanced versions of the Steinberg VSTi's. I think plug-in discounts make a lot of sense because all they represent is at worst a reduction of revenue per-plugin. It'd be more difficult to justify dropping the price on hardware since it has to be physically manufactured and distributed, but a plugin is just there, it's just code in an installer and can be transferred in no time.

I'll use myself as an example: I do pretty much only post-production so whatever tools I use are mostly geared towards that. But even if that's the case I can see a point in having some other tools which is why I once invested in Komplete by NI. Now, I've been looking at the the deals they have and I'm tempted to get the latest version if they have deep discounts again. It's basically hard to beat for me since I invested in it earlier - BUT - if Steinberg could offer a good value for Halion and/or some of the other products I'd seriously consider it simply because of integration. So for me as a customer it really does boil down to cost, and for Steinberg it's really a matter not of losing revenue but actually making some money. I'm just not going to buy an "expensive" Steinberg VSTi since I can get a better deal elsewhere which means SB will make $0 - OR - if they give us Nuendo users a discount, say 50%, they can make at least some money on something that's just an installer that's already been developed which seems like at least some revenue on their end.

See what I mean?

Heiner Einbier

Post by Heiner Einbier » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:45 pm

Yep. I have to concede you're right. Maybe your post will make them think about it... ;)
Windows 10

Windows 10

Nuendo 10
Cubase Pro 10

Return to “General”