audio routed to group fx's playing when groups muted

Post general topics related to Nuendo 6 here.
Eaygee

audio routed to group fx's playing when groups muted

Post by Eaygee » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:08 pm

Their is a big big big problem in Nuendo. When you have audio routed to a group track and the audio channels using fx send inserts all set to post when you mute the group channel you are still hearing the the fx routed to the sends. but when you mute them from the audio channel its self you don't hear it. That's a major major problem when mixing music. Especially reggae music like I do which is lots of drop outs. Is there a fix for this????. Please please let me know..
Last edited by Eaygee on Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Apollo Quad with thunderbolt, UAD-2-OCTO, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, ASUS Z87-DELUXE/QUAD, Intel Core i7-4771,G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB, Nuendo 6.5

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Re: audio routed to group fx artifacts playing when muted

Post by MattiasNYC » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:22 pm

Do you have "Group Channels Mute Sources As Well" selected in preferences?

PS: You probably shouldn't call it a "send insert" because those are two different things, and also not call the sound coming from an effect an "artifact" because "artifacts" might imply something you didn't want to happen at all in any circumstance (i.e. an error in processing a sound, like the "chirping" sound in a low-res mp3).
Nuendo 7.1.4 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Ryzen 1700 3.7GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Nvidia GTX 660 / ASUS x370-A mobo/ 500GB WD Blue system drive / Crucial BX100 250GB SSD media / spinners for library/backup ::::: iZotope RX / Phoenixverb Surround / DaVinci Resolve / Faderport / Applied Acoustics UltraAnalog / my pet pony Frank

Eaygee

Post by Eaygee » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:20 pm

That is already checked. Anymore suggestions? It's aggravating. I have a big engineer from Jamaica here and we can't mix properly because when we do drops outs after grouping drums or bass or piano bubble skank. to group channels and press mute you still hear the effects playing and everything is set to post. Any help would be appreciated.
Apollo Quad with thunderbolt, UAD-2-OCTO, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, ASUS Z87-DELUXE/QUAD, Intel Core i7-4771,G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB, Nuendo 6.5

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:07 pm

No suggestions. It works fine for me on 6.0.7. It sounds as if you're either missing something (like actually using pre-fader sends instead of post-fader sends: Perhaps double check that...) or that your installation is broken.

If you can't get it to work the only workaround is I guess to link the fx channel with the group channel and mute both simultaneously.
Nuendo 7.1.4 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Ryzen 1700 3.7GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Nvidia GTX 660 / ASUS x370-A mobo/ 500GB WD Blue system drive / Crucial BX100 250GB SSD media / spinners for library/backup ::::: iZotope RX / Phoenixverb Surround / DaVinci Resolve / Faderport / Applied Acoustics UltraAnalog / my pet pony Frank

Return to “General”