fx's still heard when group channel is muted

Post general topics related to Nuendo 6 here.
Eaygee

fx's still heard when group channel is muted

Post by Eaygee » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:22 pm

I have a big engineer from Jamaica here and we can't mix properly because when we do drops outs after grouping drums or bass or piano bubble skank to group channels and press mute you still hear the effects playing and everything is set to post. Any help would be appreciated.
Apollo Quad with thunderbolt, UAD-2-OCTO, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, ASUS Z87-DELUXE/QUAD, Intel Core i7-4771,G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB, Nuendo 6.5

Wheels

Re: fx's still heard when group channel is muted

Post by Wheels » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:00 pm

The Group channel will have no effect on the Reverb. The faders assigned to the Group are still up sending to the reverb and I'm guessing the reverb is assigned to the Stereo Bus and not the group bus. HTH.
John "Wheels" Hurlbut

Nuendo 10 + PT 10 & 11.Win 10 Pro PC, i9 12 Core CPU, 64 Gig Ram, Dangerous Source Monitor Controller, SSL Nucleus Console. Waves and UAD II Plug-ins etc. Adobe Creative Cloud.

Robin Walsh

Post by Robin Walsh » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:02 pm

In prefs there's a setting for muting the channels themselves that are assigned to a group. It sounds like you have effects sends on the individual channels and then are routing the channels to a group. If the channels are not muted then they will still send signal to the fx. So, muting the group doesn't mute the individual channels in the group unless you select:

Prefs: VST - Group Channels: Mute Sources as well / Mute Pre-Send when mute
Nuendo 10.02 - Windows 10 - i9 9900K - nVidia GeForce 1060 - RME Raydat - Amphion

Eaygee

Post by Eaygee » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:04 pm

Robin that's selected and it's still doing it.
Apollo Quad with thunderbolt, UAD-2-OCTO, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, ASUS Z87-DELUXE/QUAD, Intel Core i7-4771,G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB, Nuendo 6.5

Return to “General”