MC Control Jog Wheel Question

Post general topics related to Nuendo 6 here.
Keyplayer

MC Control Jog Wheel Question

Post by Keyplayer » Mon May 04, 2015 5:07 am

Is there a way to:
1) Make the jog wheel control the cursor and have it scroll in the project window WITHOUT having the audio scrub (in other words, move silently)? Currently, Shuttle equals scrub and that's very annoying. The current work around is to use the trackball, which I'm trying to use less of.

2) Control the settings between coarse and fine shuttle?

Coarse, I've got. But I don't want to hear the audio while I'm shuttling. I only want to hear it in scrub mode. But I need a fine shuttle setting, in or out of scrub mode. How do I get the jog wheel to do that on the MC?
Nuendo 1.0 - 10 |VST Studio Connect Pro | Windows 10 Pro | Intel i7 - 5820K CPU @ 3.30 | 64-bit OS | 32GB of RAM |RME HDSPe RayDAT | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Video Card | Euphonix MC Control, 2 Mix & Transport | Xkeys | iConnectivity mi10 MIDI Interface | UAD-2 Octo Core with UAD-1 Legacy Ultra Pak | Isotope RX4 | Melodyne 3.2 | Voxengo Plugins | Real Guitar | B4 II | EZ Drummer | Drumagog 4 | Virtual Guitarist 2 | Korg, Roland, Kurzweil Synths | Apogee Big Ben | 32 Channel Panasonic DA-7 desk | Equator D5 (5.1) & Mackie 824 (St.) monitors | VS-1680 & 880 HDR's |

Oliver.Lucas

Re: MC Control Jog Wheel Question

Post by Oliver.Lucas » Mon May 04, 2015 1:32 pm

1. It's called Jog Position. You need to edit it in the EuCon Software
Main machine: Fireface UFX+ 64GB, 2TB Hecacore macmini 10.14.x, egpu
Avid ProTools Ulitimate and S3. A gazillion plugings

Keyplayer

Post by Keyplayer » Mon May 04, 2015 4:41 pm

Oliver.Lucas wrote:1. It's called Jog Position. You need to edit it in the EuCon Software
Thanks, I found it. It's located on the General Tab, right?
Eucon Control Pannel Wheel Setting Tab.jpg
(91.17 KiB) Not downloaded yet
The controls work kind of like bike gears in reverse ("lower gears = coarse" on the left and "higher gears = fine" on the right). The problem here is that it's an either or setting. I'd need both. Is there anyway to program a coarse gear and a fine gear on the MC surface (some kind of macro I might write into the shuttle/jog wheel button)?

The select by touch option was unchecked on that tab. Would that make any difference?
Nuendo 1.0 - 10 |VST Studio Connect Pro | Windows 10 Pro | Intel i7 - 5820K CPU @ 3.30 | 64-bit OS | 32GB of RAM |RME HDSPe RayDAT | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Video Card | Euphonix MC Control, 2 Mix & Transport | Xkeys | iConnectivity mi10 MIDI Interface | UAD-2 Octo Core with UAD-1 Legacy Ultra Pak | Isotope RX4 | Melodyne 3.2 | Voxengo Plugins | Real Guitar | B4 II | EZ Drummer | Drumagog 4 | Virtual Guitarist 2 | Korg, Roland, Kurzweil Synths | Apogee Big Ben | 32 Channel Panasonic DA-7 desk | Equator D5 (5.1) & Mackie 824 (St.) monitors | VS-1680 & 880 HDR's |

Oliver.Lucas

Post by Oliver.Lucas » Tue May 05, 2015 3:19 pm

No, I meant in the soft keys tab.
There you can select a knob and assign a function.
In your case that would be category "wheel" and then "Jog position"

Ollie
Main machine: Fireface UFX+ 64GB, 2TB Hecacore macmini 10.14.x, egpu
Avid ProTools Ulitimate and S3. A gazillion plugings

Keyplayer

Post by Keyplayer » Wed May 06, 2015 3:08 am

Oliver.Lucas wrote:No, I meant in the soft keys tab.
There you can select a knob and assign a function.
In your case that would be category "wheel" and then "Jog position"

Ollie
Okay, I found it. It was already there on page 3 of the soft keys as a pre-set. So now, I've got shuttle and scrub options. I just need to figure out how to write a command for coarse and fine shuttle gears! Thanks a lot!

Return to “General”