auro panner ?

Post general topics related to Nuendo 6 here.
sgodzillat

auro panner ?

Post by sgodzillat » Thu May 28, 2015 11:38 am

hi,

i'm doing a soundtrack for a show with 7 speakers on ground and 1 on top in a building.
so it's 7.0 + 1 top front.
i was planning to use the auro 13.0 so i could pan sounds from ground center to top center in a single setup even if i don't use the top L/R/Ls/Rs/sR/sL.

but i'm not sure that's how it works. the surroundpanner V5 that i send to this output only goes to the speakers on ground. i don't see a knob to go top<>ground. am i missing something ?

thx

Wheels

Re: auro panner ?

Post by Wheels » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:53 pm

Not sure if the planner supports that configuration.
John "Wheels" Hurlbut

Nuendo 8 + PT 10 & 11.Win 10 Pro PC Asus Z97 WS MoBo, 4.0 Intel Quadcore OC to 4.6, 32 Gig Ram, Dangerous Source Monitor Controller, SSL Nucleus Console. Waves and UAD II Plug-ins etc. Adobe Creative Cloud.

TimoWildenhain

Post by TimoWildenhain » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:16 pm

sgodzillat wrote:hi,

i'm doing a soundtrack for a show with 7 speakers on ground and 1 on top in a building.
so it's 7.0 + 1 top front.
i was planning to use the auro 13.0 so i could pan sounds from ground center to top center in a single setup even if i don't use the top L/R/Ls/Rs/sR/sL.

but i'm not sure that's how it works. the surroundpanner V5 that i send to this output only goes to the speakers on ground. i don't see a knob to go top<>ground. am i missing something ?

thx
Hello,

Surroundpanner V5 is not suitable for an Auro mix. Nuendo provides the bus structure (13.0) but you
need a dedicated panner. Have a look here Spatial Audio Designer (SAD) plug-in

Regards,
Timo
Timo Wildenhain - Head of Business Unit
Professional Audio Unit
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and MySpace!

jvamos

Post by jvamos » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:40 pm

I am so glad that the channel configuration goes up to 14 now. SAD was not able to output the amount of channels necessary because of Nuendo bus width. Is SAD the panner to use or will Steinberg be releasing a solution?

Return to “General”