How to import video?

Post general topics related to Nuendo 6 here.
Soderlund

How to import video?

Post by Soderlund » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:10 am

Hi, I use my IPAD to film myself singing... then I want to import this whitout the IPAD-sound to my music in Nuendo. I have tried to convert the video to several formats but is not able to open it because Nuendo tells me that the file is "invalid or not supported" . What am I missing? I thought that Nuendo is capable of reading all the formats..

Please help, Regards Micke S.
Windows 10 Intel i7 Gigabyte MOBO RME RayDat Nuendo 10 UAD octo duo solo.Izotope waves

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Re: How to import video?

Post by MattiasNYC » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:29 pm

I hate to say it, but have you checked with the manual to see that the container type is supported?

And have you made sure the actual codec is installed?
Nuendo 7.1.4 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Ryzen 1700 3.7GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Nvidia GTX 660 / ASUS x370-A mobo/ 500GB WD Blue system drive / Crucial BX100 250GB SSD media / spinners for library/backup ::::: iZotope RX / Phoenixverb Surround / DaVinci Resolve / Faderport / Applied Acoustics UltraAnalog / my pet pony Frank

JayRoseCAS

Post by JayRoseCAS » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:07 pm

Can you open it in any other program in the Nuendo computer?
Lots of useful stuff......and info on my studio...
at http://www.jayrose.com. Or check my book, now used at most US film schools, at GreatSound.info.
(Nuendo setup: 10+..., Mac 10.13+ on 3.2GHzQuad 8GB, MOTU 2408, Blackmagic Intensity, TC Powercore updated to current OS, MCP plus expander, Steinberg mini control panels, lots of plugins, SoundMiner.)

Soderlund

Post by Soderlund » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:50 pm

[I hate to say it, but have you checked with the manual to see that the container type is supported?

Hi, What container?

Yes I can open it in windows mediaplayer,
I e-mailed it to my android cellphone where i also can watch it whitout any trouble.
I have converterd the MOV.-file to both MPEG4 and WMA I have Nuendo 6.5 with NEK, never tried to import video before but was convinced that Nuendo can read all the formats there is...so.... any suggestions??

Regards Micke.
Windows 10 Intel i7 Gigabyte MOBO RME RayDat Nuendo 10 UAD octo duo solo.Izotope waves

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:43 am

Soderlund wrote:
[I hate to say it, but have you checked with the manual to see that the container type is supported?

Hi, What container?
In my manual it's on page 749. The file consists of a container that tells the computer about what data it "contains", along with the actual data. The data is encoded, which means that you need a codec that matches the data. So you could hypothetically have a file format/container that is fine, yet lack the codec to decode the data.
Soderlund wrote: Yes I can open it in windows mediaplayer,
I e-mailed it to my android cellphone where i also can watch it whitout any trouble.
I have converterd the MOV.-file to both MPEG4 and WMA I have Nuendo 6.5 with NEK, never tried to import video before but was convinced that Nuendo can read all the formats there is...so.... any suggestions??

Regards Micke.
As stated in the manual:
Nuendo manual page 749 wrote:"There are two ways to figure out if Nuendo can play back a certain video file:

•Open the video file with QuickTime 7.1 or higher, because Nuendo uses QuickTime for playing back video files.
•Check the file information of a video file in the Pool. If the information reads “Invalid or not supported file!”, the video file is either corrupt or the format is not supported by the available codecs."
So I'm guessing that checking in Win MediaPlayer and on an Android device won't suffice.

You said you tried (converted?) to MPEG4, and MOV, and they are approved "containers" from what I can see. So if it still doesn't play the question is what codec was used.
Nuendo 7.1.4 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Ryzen 1700 3.7GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Nvidia GTX 660 / ASUS x370-A mobo/ 500GB WD Blue system drive / Crucial BX100 250GB SSD media / spinners for library/backup ::::: iZotope RX / Phoenixverb Surround / DaVinci Resolve / Faderport / Applied Acoustics UltraAnalog / my pet pony Frank

Soderlund

Post by Soderlund » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:56 am

Hi, Now I have installed QUICK TIME.. That was what was missing.. Thanks for your answers. Now I must find out how to sync... Ha ha never ending....

Regards, Micke S.

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:37 pm

"shift+s" to the setup dialog and make sure the frame rate of the project is the same as the video. Just for housekeeping's sake.

Soderlund

Post by Soderlund » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:44 am

Yes, I read somthing about same frame rate.. I,ll try to get into it later today..
Micke.

Return to “General”