Editing mulitple tracks at once....

Post general topics related to Nuendo 6 here.
oidua

Editing mulitple tracks at once....

Post by oidua » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:53 pm

I would simply like to edit multiple audio tracks and not have the tracks get out of sync.

Example: (Radio Program) -- I have an announcer track -- a host interviewer track -- an guest interviewee track -- and stereo music track.

After assembly is done -- I may need to edit out a minute or two (for time). When I edit one track -- I need all the tracks too move up -- not just the track I edited.

I am sure this is a common fix -- (It is a common function in all the other editing systems I have used) -- but I can't seem to make this happen in Nuendo 6.5.

Any suggestions?

Oswald Schwander

Re: Editing mulitple tracks at once....

Post by Oswald Schwander » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:59 pm

I may need to edit out a minute or two (for time). When I edit one track -- I need all the tracks too move up -- not just the track I edited.

I would use Range Tools (number 2). Drag a range with the desired lengh over all tracks. Then "delete time"

Oswald
N8 on OSX 10.12 - Fireface 400 - BM mini monitor - Artist Control - Arturia Keylab
http://www.schwander-sounddesign.de

ErikG

Post by ErikG » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:07 pm

Or just put it in a folder and turn on the folder edit button whatever it is called. Then all tracks follows any edit you do of any track in that folder.
Filmlance, a Swedish production company producing drama and feature films.
11xNuendo, 5xPT
Dubstage with 4k Christie projection
8xMedia Composer, VFX, online, grading and more

oidua

Post by oidua » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:27 pm

Thank you both for the advice --

Putting the session in the folder sounds like the best way to go. As far as putting it in a folder -- (sorry about my ignorance with Nuendo) -- but how does one go about putting the whole session into a folder?

Rotund

Post by Rotund » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:48 am

Select all the tracks and use "Move Selected Tracks to New Folder"
I have it assigned to a key command here. (Shift+F)
Inboard:
Win7Pro 64Bit, i7 3770k, Gigabyte Z77-UHD5, 12gb Corsair (1600Mhz), Nuendo+Nek 6.5, Reaper 4.591, Samplitude Pro X2, Studio One 3.5, CD Architect 5.2, RME Raydat, UAD PCIe Quad+Duo.

Outboard:
Moog Model D (Vintage), Sub 37, Minitaur, Slim Phatty, DSI OB-6 Desktop, Prophet Rev2 8 Voice, Roland Integra 7, SE-02, Korg Prologue 16, Triton Le, Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55, Sound Gizmo.

Return to “General”