Workaround AAF mixed samplerate issues

Post general topics related to Nuendo 6 here.
patmedia

Workaround AAF mixed samplerate issues

Post by patmedia » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:27 am

Some of you experience mixed samplerate issues with AAF files made in X2pro (FCPX). When importing the AAF file Nuendo does not convert audiofiles automatically wich have a different samplerate then the projectfile.(PT is doing this automatically by the way, maybe an option in the next update?) Here's the workaround; Import the AAF, open the pool window, select all the audiofiles that have got a different samplerate then the project, go to MEDIA tab and CONVERT FILES, make sure that the options dialogue is set to the correct samplerate,keep,keep,keep, REPLACE FILES.......... DONE!

ltf3

Re: Workaround AAF mixed samplerate issues

Post by ltf3 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:10 pm

Did this today ... wish I'd read your post before hand!!

Worked mostly, but some edit points on tightly edited dialog sequences shifted ... Or rather the content of the event moved a bit which was a pain. But better than nothing.

I wish the originating App converted to a single sample rate during editing. send Apple feedback! ( FCP X )
Lee

Cubase 8.5, Nuendo 8, Cubasis ( gotta luv it ), Arturia Audio Fuse, OS 10.12.6, Mac Mini Quad Core 2.6GHz i7, 16GB RAM, Intel Graphics 4000

Neil K

Re: Workaround AAF mixed samplerate issues

Post by Neil K » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:08 pm

If you're in control of the AAF output, have the editor conform everything on their end. Here's a head scratcher: Don't you think it's odd that video edit software will play the mixed sample rates just fine, but our audio programs won't?
Neil Kesterson
Dynamix Productions
Lexington, KY

http://www.dxaudio.com

Nuendo 7.x
Mac Pro Late 2013 Trashcan (3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5; 16GB 18663MHz DDR3 ECC memory)
Glyph GT062E 2Tb RAID (USB3) + many other hard drives
Yamaha n12; Steinberg MR816X
Endless pot of coffee

Return to “General”