Halion 5: Need preset import from Padshop and Retrologue

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming HALion releases.
zizi

Halion 5: Need preset import from Padshop and Retrologue

Post by zizi » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:06 pm

I usually use Novation Automap Technology to make sounds from scratch.
Retrologue, Padshop are first-class ready for this.

But there are only 8 custom parameters per slot in the Halion 5 - so I can control synth engine only by MIDI CC

It will be great if Steinberg should implement core-presets import from Retrologue, Padshop to Halion 5 (without FX - only synthcore params)

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Re: Halion 5: Need preset import from Padshop and Retrologue

Post by JMCecil » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:39 pm

Although I'm not sure what this has to do with Automap, getting my Retrologue/Padshop presets over to H5 would rock.
cpu:i7 6950x - RAM:128gb - OS:Win 10 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 9 | Cubase VST-32->9 | H5, GA4, HSO, Padshop Pro, Cubasis, iC Pro

zizi

Post by zizi » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:12 pm

JMCecil wrote:Although I'm not sure what this has to do with Automap......
I'm using Novation Automap and NI KORE2 controllers for sound programming without mouse.
It is better than MIDI CC controlling because this technology provides label/value feedback on the controller screen ;)

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Post by JMCecil » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:33 pm

zizi wrote:
JMCecil wrote:Although I'm not sure what this has to do with Automap......
I'm using Novation Automap and NI KORE2 controllers for sound programming without mouse.
It is better than MIDI CC controlling because this technology provides label/value feedback on the controller screen ;)
We are having this same discussion on KVR :lol:

I get that you are saying the integration from the controllers works better with the stand alone apps. But, because I don't have those controllers, I don't quite understand why.

In either scenario, I have 50 or 60 of my own presets in both Retrologue and Padshop that I would love to pull over. So, regardless of the controller issue, I'm all for getting this done.
cpu:i7 6950x - RAM:128gb - OS:Win 10 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 9 | Cubase VST-32->9 | H5, GA4, HSO, Padshop Pro, Cubasis, iC Pro

maggie66

Post by maggie66 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:39 am

JMCecil wrote:Although I'm not sure what this has to do with Automap, getting my Retrologue/Padshop presets over to H5 would rock.

How you get the Padshop-Presets to H5?
Mein System: Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3, Intel i7 2600, 16GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1600, HIS Radeon 4870HD.

Cantankerous

Post by Cantankerous » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:52 am

maggie66 wrote:
JMCecil wrote:Although I'm not sure what this has to do with Automap, getting my Retrologue/Padshop presets over to H5 would rock.

He didn't, he said it would be great if that was possible, but at the moment, it isn't. I am wondering if the grain portion of HALion 5 is even Padshop pro, a 100% clone I mean. I understand they are pretty similar and most likely based off each other, but has it been said that this is Padshop pro, with a new interface for HALion 5?
Asus P8P67
8GB G.Skill DDR3-1600 7-8-7-24
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Echo Audiofire8
Virus Ti Desktop
Novation 49SL MKII
UAD-2 Quad x 2
CUBASE 7.5
HALion 5

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Post by JMCecil » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:59 am

Cantankerous wrote:
maggie66 wrote:

He didn't, he said it would be great if that was possible, but at the moment, it isn't. I am wondering if the grain portion of HALion 5 is even Padshop pro, a 100% clone I mean. I understand they are pretty similar and most likely based off each other, but has it been said that this is Padshop pro, with a new interface for HALion 5?
I'm the one that's been saying they are the same. The controls are 1 for 1 other than effects. The samples are the same (I think, I haven't been through them all).

Marcus
Steinberg Employee

Post by Marcus » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:47 pm

Hi there,

moved to the FR section.

Good idea...btw.

Cheers,

Marcus
BDM Education
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

My Desktop PC: Intel i7 950; Gigabyte GA 58x UD5, 12GB RAM, NVidia Geforce 770

My Laptop:
Lenovo T540p,Intel i7 4700MQ, 16GB Ram, 750GB Samsung SSD, NVidia Geforce 730M

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Post by JMCecil » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:53 pm

Marcus wrote:Hi there,

moved to the FR section.

Good idea...btw.

Cheers,

Marcus
Hooozah!! Thanks Marcus!

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Post by JMCecil » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:55 pm

Hey, can you change that to import/export too please? Import is probably easier, but the ability to toss core settings back out again would be very useful as well.

JOHN BG DAW

Post by JOHN BG DAW » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:06 pm

+1 on that what here are suggested

trancestate

Post by trancestate » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:13 pm

I would love to be able to use my padshop presets in halion. Please implement this if possible :)

TheNavigator

Post by TheNavigator » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:07 am

I strongly support full Padshop (Pro) integration into Halion as well. That would be super helpful, like crazy, man.

So: +1

However... can't we have ALL Cubase synths integrated at some point? Including a few reissues?

I would really love to have:

* Mystic
* Prologue
* Spector

integrated as well. And maybe reintroduce a few legacy synths into Halion, as simple "just a few buttons and encoders" macro pages.

mpayne0

Post by mpayne0 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:22 pm

TheNavigator wrote:I strongly support full Padshop (Pro) integration into Halion as well. That would be super helpful, like crazy, man.

So: +1

However... can't we have ALL Cubase synths integrated at some point? Including a few reissues?

I would really love to have:

* Mystic
* Prologue
* Spector

integrated as well. And maybe reintroduce a few legacy synths into Halion, as simple "just a few buttons and encoders" macro pages.
100% down with this request. Consolidation. Heck throw in Loopmash. It may be the only way it sees the light of day, and users can use it and let everyone know its actually not that bad.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”