[GUI] Drum Player - placing the pageswitching-buttons on top

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming HALion releases.
JLM

[GUI] Drum Player - placing the pageswitching-buttons on top

Post by JLM » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:42 am

At first siight, its not very obvious how to view the "beats over 16". In think this is due to the fact that the beats are layed out horizontally (and also the numbering and active-beat-display), but the "page-switching-buttons" are left to that - and most important - vertically aligned.

I think this could be much better when placed horizontally. I made a mockup for further discussion:
Halion 5 GUI_Proposal - Drum-Player.png
Changed the position of the page-switching buttons to the top (now horizontally)
(39.91 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Any comments on that?
Using: Cubase, Halion Symphonic Orchestra, HALion, The Grand, Kontakt, Session Strings Pro, Session Horns Pro, BFD, Padshop, ...
VSTs and Cubase for Linux and my Windows is gone.

Cantankerous

Re: [GUI] Drum Player - placing the pageswitching-buttons on top

Post by Cantankerous » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:35 am

I'm liking this actually. It is the small things that can make a big difference. I think it neat, out of the way and more logically laid out this way and I would certainly welcome this change if the developers were to agree to it. Should be a very simple change I would think, question is, do they feel the time and effort is worth it? I would like to hope so.
Asus P8P67
8GB G.Skill DDR3-1600 7-8-7-24
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Echo Audiofire8
Virus Ti Desktop
Novation 49SL MKII
UAD-2 Quad x 2
CUBASE 7.5
HALion 5

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Re: [GUI] Drum Player - placing the pageswitching-buttons on top

Post by JMCecil » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:14 pm

Although I kind of agree, once you find it it's not a problem where it is to me. But, it does make more sense on top.
cpu:i7 6950x - RAM:128gb - OS:Win 10 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 9 | Cubase VST-32->9 | H5, GA4, HSO, Padshop Pro, Cubasis, iC Pro

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”