HornForHire - New Studio

Looks like a fun place to record.

It’s always good to see an old style keyboard like the Rhodes. I use to gig with one back in the day. Love those keyboards.

-Tom

How are we all gonna fit in there? :laughing:

Nice space, you’ve made the most of it. I recall a sax player who used to to rent our booth back in the 80’s as he could not practice at home :smiley: , I am wondering how you “contain the gain” in your space Wim? Do you have neighours close by?

Nice job fixing it up, I have a 9x12 space waiting for me once I can ever find some work near our farm, still commuting from the city on weekends sadly… For now the studio remains in the city.

Cheers

Very nice Wim! Congratulations! :slight_smile:

Looks very nice, I hope you’ll get the chance to enjoy it for a long time :slight_smile:

I only know you from your posts over the years and like several others I have seen in the background, I’ve not seen your name out here in a while. A new studio is super exciting and good luck with it. Nice work on cable management. I’ve tripped over mine to the point of breaking my thumb on the last fall…again, enjoy!

Excellent space, congratulations. The old radio is a nice touch.

Thanks Tom! I bought the Rhodes almost 35 years ago, I’m never going to sell it!

Hi Robin!
The studio is a “box-in-a-box”, with Rockwool in between, so there’s not much sound going out. It also has a floating floor.
We have a detached house, so the neighbours won’t hear a thing. Inside our house you can hear some of the lower frequencies, but that’s no problem.
In the studio there are two bass traps in the corners and two absorption panels, one behind and one opposite the monitors.

Thanks Nick!

Thanks Rick, I hope so too!

Yikes, did it heal properly? :open_mouth:

Thanks.

Thanks Stephen!

The old radio is the one I used to listen to in my bedroom when I was a little boy, so my love for music started with this radio! :sunglasses:

Sweet, so pretty good isolation both ways. Nice keys too, I have a few things I bought in the 80s that I will never part with too…

One of my very first friends was a Grunding radio. heh :slight_smile:

Nice and cozy, Wim. I was wondering when you would get all set ip. You’ve been in the new home foe 2 years, right?

Yeah, almost. I had to do some other jobs first, like making a bathroom for the boys. Once that was finished I could remove the old upstairs toilet and join that space with one of the bedrooms to make the studio.
Thanks! :smiley:

Hey Wim!

It was a great pleasure to see you again last month.

Having stood inside this new studio, I can attest to all
that it is a great space and demonstrates Wim’s excellent
building skills. I envy him!

Can’t wait to hear the new tunes that are captured here!

Jet :wink:

A broken thumb seems to leave behind a residual pain that once it starts, it takes a day to subside. Like taking an ice pick and driving from the base of the thumb inward… very very stupid thing that’s adds nothing to the guitar

Watch those wires !

Ouch!.. Thanks for the warning… :wink:

Hey Jet!

It was great seeing you and Taylor again (and meeting your brother, of course)! :sunglasses:
We have warm memories of your stay at our place.

It’s great to finally have a new studio and be able to record again.

Cheers,
Wim