Fishman Triple Play

Another vote for the Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2 app (MGA)
The fact that it is a software converter that tracks better than my Roland GI-20 is really amazing!

I also have the FTP which is simply the best MIDI guitar converter available at this time.

MGA, however, is my go-to app because I can switch guitars (LGX-SA or Gibson SG, or…) and save parameter presets for each.

A few years ago, I purchased a new Roland GR-55 as it appeared to be the ultimate MIDI converter and COSM source of sounds. Tracking was incrementally faster for the internal sounds, which has always been the case with Roland converters. Tracking speed for external MIDI - hardware modules and VSTi - was a major step backwards. Where as I could play bass lines on the open 6th and 5th strings with acceptable latency with the GI-20, the GR-55 latency was unbearable, I had to resort to the old method of playing the bass parts an octave or two higher or on treble strings for better tracking, then lower the octaves in Cubase.

The link below provides comparison data on tracking speeds.

Soon afterwards, I traded the GR-55 towards a brand new JTV 59 Variax on which I installed the FTP providing me with the ultimate tech guitar experience - overall excellent COSM sounds and fast MIDI tracking.

Here’s another vote for the GP-10 as a excellent source source of COSM sounds and effects. The software editor makes it a breeze to edit and create new patches. MIDI pitch conversion latency/tracking speed is still an issue but useable for short passages or step entry.

On a side note, I have used poly mode vs. mono - a different channel per string - since the days of the Yamaha G10 as viewing MIDI data through the small Alesis MMT8 LCD was quite challenging and I was sequencing “bass”, “piano”, “organ”, “cello” etc. and not string-bending guitar.

At one point I explored the software app that comes with the FTP but never actually used it as my projects are created one track at a time. The MGA, the FTP, and even the GP-10 work great for inputting MIDI in Cubase with HALion as the sound source.