Steinberg Absolute (new) or Komplete 11 (upgrade)?

I ended up getting Komplete Ultimate. Played some poker. Won some money. Bought it.

My first impression is that Absolute probably would have nicer and tighter integration into Cubase / Nuendo, so if I win some more or if the put it on sale I might get that as well.

I also still think my impressions were largely correct in that Komplete has a lot of instruments and effects that are all based on the same modules, and from a pure “load and play” perspective a lot of has the same fundamental flavor. Nothing wrong with that, but it really makes the entire collection feel a lot smaller in reality. It’s like we’re getting 6-7 flavor of the same type of synth sound in different instruments rather than those 6-7 being different.

Anyway, at the sale price it was essentially worth it I think, especially since my old Komplete was old enough to not install and upgrade nicely any longer.

PS: Oh, and those specific instruments I mentioned will actually be really useful. I wish Steinberg had something like those for those of us in post/film/TV…

1 Like