I am soo ready to go back to Hard Disk Recording

I would recommend two things:

1. Get Win 10 PRO if you haven’t already got it, and defer your updates to later. You can then install them when you know you have time to do it.

2. Get something like Marcrium Reflect. It allows you to clone your system drive while the computer is booted from it. I’ve tried it by cloning my system drive and then disconnecting it and booting from the clone, and it worked 100%. So, in other words, when you have a working setup clone the system drive to a spare and keep updating that clone every now and then. Macrium also allows you to do this to a backup set on a backup drive, so you can basically save this to that spinning backup drive and keep a blank spare SSD for example and just restore that set to the new SSD if you have any issues. That may take you some time to do, but far less than days worth of work.

3. Always keep all drivers in a folder somewhere, or in the cloud, so that you can revert to older drivers if something is wonky.

4. Never trust Apple. I think Nuendo 7.1.4 or whatever it was updated the video engine, so you can throw that p.o.s. Quicktime out the window.

5. Never trust iTunes. P.O.S. software that you should get rid of. You can even run Nuendo 7 with the QT engine without iTunes installed. All you need is the QT library. It was the QT player that was a security issue, and iTunes was never necessary to have installed as an app.

Ok, that was five… I just had my coffee so that’s why…

And by the way, I really do empathize with you. It sucks when your system is acting up on a regular basis.