reintroduce support for 32 bit Plugins Vsti in C 9.5 Pro ?

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
sd1989

Re: reintroduce support for 32 bit Plugins Vsti in C 9.5 Pro ?

Post by sd1989 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:31 am

my opinion is the Cubase included bridge wasn't very good many times I tried it and plugins wouldn't work correctly or I have to force quit Cubase
windows 8.1, amd fx 6300 3.5ghz , amd radeon 7850 2gb gfx card, GA-78LMT-USB3 rev 6.0 , 16 gb ram , 7200 rpm hd , steinberg ur22 interface, cubase 8.5 pro , absolute 3

wetstreet

Post by wetstreet » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:02 pm

"Won't be any need for a 128-bit DAW for 100 years?"
i may be not so technical enough , but difficult to digest this , when a sound card performs with absolute zero latency , and support for multiple sound cards becomes a breeze, n the DAW performs like a hardware device ..with no freezing , over loads , zero latency with external hardware , effx etc .. then perhaps probably .. ws

wetstreet

Post by wetstreet » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:16 pm

Romantique Tp wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:04 am
You can upgrade from Halion 4 here:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/buy_p ... ion-6.html

The Halion 6 download will also include Halion Sonic 3 for free, just like Halion 4 came with Halion Sonic 1.

The link to the Halion 4.5 update is right there in the first reply to this thread. Of course you don't need to install it if you plan to buy the Halion 6 upgrade, since it will install on top of Halion 4.
Hi , Thanks a lot for the Info , but still dont exactly solve my issue , i made a mistake purchasing halionsonic 1 when it was already there in halion 4 , after a google , there is Halionsonic 3 tone banks , good enough in Halion 6 .. i belive i will be ofcourse buying online thru Asknet ?? my issue was since i paid for halionsonic 1 for nothing , can i add that along with halion 4 , for the upgrade to Halion 6 , so i get a better upgrade rate .. Asknet should have told me that Halionsonic 1 was already in halion 4 .. may be get it rectified and corrected now .. quite an old user of cubase atari days , n the red LPT dongle still with me when PC came in .. or i get stuck with halionsonic 1 ..!!!!! , any one here from Asknet or steinberg who can suggest a solution for this Thanks ws

chris995

Post by chris995 » Wed May 09, 2018 8:19 pm

I think the point being made here is that. EVERYONE wants to move on with 64bit. No one is saying that they don't. What they are saying is that their DAW provider should support their customers when they want their old plugins with the times aswell. Especially ones that your company once made (actually some are better ones than you have now) quadrafuzz 1 has nothing on the qf2 version, same goes for overdrive. Imagine a big company like you not being able to port those over. pretty shameful lol but at least I've learned about VST system link which does provide a solution for this and probably the way forward. expensive solution

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Post by Romantique Tp » Wed May 09, 2018 9:52 pm

They were made by Spectral Design, not Steinberg.

This thread was made because the thread starter assumed that the removal of 32 bit support was causing issues with his plugins. But they're clearly 64 bit, otherwise they wouldn't even show up, so that's definitely NOT the source of his issues.

I'll lock this thread because it's clear that people will continue to rant about off-topic issues while completely ignoring the thread starter. I've asked him to contact Steinberg Support, which should be able to help him figure out why Halion is freezing.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”