Transpose Track adventues.

After never having worked with Transpose Track, I decided it was time to try to learn to use it. Thanks for Martin, Steve and others who helped me on this “quest.” :slight_smile:

It’s a great feature. I think the more I learn to finesses it, the more I’ll like it.

The screen shot has some a perhaps overly long observation about Transpose Track about one odd, possible “bug” I noticed. Perhaps a bug report should be posted on it if it is not already a known issue (with easy workaround). It took a little time to identify this and the screen shot shows my process. :slight_smile:

All in all, I’m, once again, impressed by Cubase’s strong harmonic logic feature set. It’s a great tool for anyone making music. With the Global Follow and Independent system, which applies even to Parts and Events and very fine quantize values!, it opens up sounds that, without Transpose Track, would be much more difficult and tedious to accomplish. Time Saver, easy to try different sounds quickly, easy to accommodate performers’ needs, I’m sure there’s more, too. Great!

Still have some questions and things to try – Chord Type (Quality) Changes on Chord Track during a single Transpose Section; using chords with Tensions; using non-harmonic tones in chords; single notes set to Independent in a parts set to "Follow, E.G., Kick Drum plays pitched voice and Transposes, other parts/events in the track run Independent, per normal… Mostly, I think I need more time working with the Transpose Track and lots of that will get sorted out in my “mind.” :neutral_face:

P.S. Speaking of time. Sadly, I may have little Cubase Forum posting time for the next couple of months. Busy period. Thanks to everyone who has helped me – answering questions, providing tips and guidance. It’s been so helpful and I’ve improved as a result. If I don’t see you, have a great Summer, everyone :exclamation: :slight_smile: