Drum programmer needed

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
albertg

Drum programmer needed

Post by albertg » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:04 pm

I don't know if this is the right place to post, but I'm looking for someone with an expertise in Brazilian, or Middle Eastern rhythms to fill out a drum track. Preferably, Addictive Drums, but I'm open. I'm in the Bay Area.

Thanks!
Albert G

raino
Grand Senior Member

Re: Drum programmer needed

Post by raino » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:54 pm

albertg wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:04 pm
I don't know if this is the right place to post, but I'm looking for someone with an expertise in Brazilian, or Middle Eastern rhythms to fill out a drum track. Preferably, Addictive Drums, but I'm open. I'm in the Bay Area.

Thanks!
Albert G
There are several sites that offer musicians for hire over the internet. I've used this one for some vocals and it worked out well, but there are other sites too.

https://www.airgigs.com/

You could also have someone play live drums instead of programmed.
rodger

Cubase Pro 10.0.40, Win10 Home, Halion6, BFD3, GPO, Komplete Ultimate 9, Waves Gold, Misc. other

i7 4771 Haswell Processor 3.5GHz, ADK LGA1150, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX970, RME Fireface 400, 2x UAD-2

albertg

Post by albertg » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:16 pm

Thanks for the reply. I'll check it out. I want to augment a live track. I have to keep down my studio costs.

raino
Grand Senior Member

Post by raino » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:39 pm

albertg wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:16 pm
Thanks for the reply. I'll check it out. I want to augment a live track. I have to keep down my studio costs.
I was surprised how affordable some of the options were.

Since you already have a recording with a functioning rhythm (I assume) to act as a guide have you considered trying to do the programming yourself? You might surprise yourself and learn something in the process.
rodger

Cubase Pro 10.0.40, Win10 Home, Halion6, BFD3, GPO, Komplete Ultimate 9, Waves Gold, Misc. other

i7 4771 Haswell Processor 3.5GHz, ADK LGA1150, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX970, RME Fireface 400, 2x UAD-2

Makumbaria

Post by Makumbaria » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:21 pm

Cubase Pro 10.0.30 / 6.5.5 / Cubasis 2.8 / CMC-TP/CH/AI/QC/PD / Cubase IC Pro 1.2.2
Windows 10 Pro 64 bits/ i7 3630QM / 2.4Ghz / 16 GB & i7 950 / 3.06Ghz / 8GB RAM / Focusrite Scarlett 18i8
Dorico 2.2.10 / Halion 6.2.10 / Halion Sonic 3.2.10 / Padshop Pro 1.2.10 / HSO 1.0 / The Grand 3.2.0/

Ivory II Italian Grand / Ravenscroft 275 / Vienna imperial piano / Alicia Keys Piano / Addictive drums 2 & Keys / Ezdrummer 2 / Abbey Road Modern Drums / GPO 5 / VSL / Vienna Mir pro 24 /Bias amp & FX 1 & 2/ Amplitube 3 & 4 / Kuassa Creme & One / TH2 & 3 / Mercuriall Spark & Reaxis / Nugen Audio / Slate Digital / Wave Arts / Waves V9 & V10 / Softube / Toneboosters / NI / Neural DSP Darkglass ultra / PSP audioware / Markstudio 2 /

albertg

Post by albertg » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:45 pm

Do it myself? Oh no. I would have some very angry musicians. This has to be someone with intimate knowledge of Brazilian rhythms and instrumentation.

And...thanks Makumbaria, very much.

Stephen57

Post by Stephen57 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:16 am

albertg wrote:

Thanks!
Albert G
No, this is a great place to post about this. I love both Brazilian and Middle Eastern music, but, I'd just be rushing out and getting some (more) good Sample CD's and Downloads in these styles. If you want custom-made real playing, I'd look to the booking agents and so on, perhaps some of those mentioned in the thread.

VST Connected session time, maybe?

Good luck with the project.
-------------------------------------------------------
DAW: Cubase Pro 10 (Main), Cubase Pro 9.5 (Backup); PC: HP Z230, i5 CPU quad-core 3.5 Ghz, 16 Gigs RAM; OS: Win 7 Pro 64-bit; Audio Converters, Scarlett 2I4, Zoom UCR-8; USB MIDI Controller, Akai Advance 49. VST-Is: Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2.5, Stylus RMX; Air Music: Hybrid, Transfuser 2, Vacuum Pro, Velvet, Xpand2; Novation: Bass Station; Sonovox Grand Piano; Rack: Proteus 2000, Korg 03R/W, Yamaha TG 33. Monitoring with KRK Rokit 8/G3, Tannoy PBM 6.5 II, Mics. Scheops, Sennheiser, Rode, Lectrosonics RF, etc.

Help with Cubase:
Documentation: https://steinberg.help/
Location/file paths of presets in Cubase and Nuendo: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... nd-Nuendo-
Preferences: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... and-Nuendo

alexis
Grand Senior Member

Post by alexis » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:37 pm

albertg wrote:

Thanks!
Albert G
"The Elf", member of this forum, has programmed some very nice drums for me.

They were more in the traditional rock style, but he is very well-connected … I'd say if you were to PM him there'd be a fair chance he could hook you up with someone if he didn't have the expertise to do the job himself (and I believe he'd have no problem in telling you that if that were the case).
Alexis

-Cubase "Safe Start Mode" (CTRL-ALT-SHIFT)
-Get variable-tempo audio to follow a grid here,
-Replacing freely-timed section into a variable tempo project

Cubase 9.0.20; i5-4570 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM; W10 Pro 64-bit on Samsung SSD 840 Pro 256GB; Seagate 1TB SATA 600 Audio; UR28M; Motif8; UAD-2 Solo; Jamstix 3.6; RevoicePro3.3; EZDrummer 2

Stephen57

Post by Stephen57 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:01 pm

raino wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:54 pm
albertg wrote:

Thanks!
Albert G
There are several sites that offer musicians for hire over the internet. I've used this one for some vocals and it worked out well, but there are other sites too.

Wow, what a site. I wonder how many of those offering services are actually making money? Probably 2 per cent or so?

Do you know what kind of agreement is made with, say, a drummer, or vocalists? What kind of licensing and publishing agreement is used? I'm assuming it's a work for hire? This is must be on the site. I'll have to look further into it.
DAW: Cubase Pro 10 (Main), Cubase Pro 9.5 (Backup); PC: HP Z230, i5 CPU quad-core 3.5 Ghz, 16 Gigs RAM; OS: Win 7 Pro 64-bit; Audio Converters, Scarlett 2I4, Zoom UCR-8; USB MIDI Controller, Akai Advance 49. VST-Is: Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2.5, Stylus RMX; Air Music: Hybrid, Transfuser 2, Vacuum Pro, Velvet, Xpand2; Novation: Bass Station; Sonovox Grand Piano; Rack: Proteus 2000, Korg 03R/W, Yamaha TG 33. Monitoring with KRK Rokit 8/G3, Tannoy PBM 6.5 II, Mics. Scheops, Sennheiser, Rode, Lectrosonics RF, etc.

Help with Cubase:
Location/file paths of presets in Cubase and Nuendo: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... nd-Nuendo-

raino
Grand Senior Member

Post by raino » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:37 pm

Stephen57 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:01 pm
raino wrote:
albertg wrote:

Thanks!
Albert G

Wow, what a site. I wonder how many of those offering services are actually making money? Probably 2 per cent or so?

Do you know what kind of agreement is made with, say, a drummer, or vocalists? What kind of licensing and publishing agreement is used? I'm assuming it's a work for hire? This is must be on the site. I'll have to look further into it.
Yeah it's work for hire so you own all rights to the audio delivered to you. I hired a vocalist for a couple of songs and the process was pretty strightforward and the site manages every step. You upload a mix of your song. A few days later the performer uploads matching stems. I thought it was good value.

The woman I hired also does traditional session work in LA, so I think work from the site becomes part of the mix for her income stream.
rodger

Makumbaria

Post by Makumbaria » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:46 am

Stephen,

I hired a drummer on Airgigs and a violinist and a drummer on Fiverr. Everyone was great and delivery was on time.
Cubase Pro 10.0.30 / 6.5.5 / Cubasis 2.8 / CMC-TP/CH/AI/QC/PD / Cubase IC Pro 1.2.2
Windows 10 Pro 64 bits/ i7 3630QM / 2.4Ghz / 16 GB & i7 950 / 3.06Ghz / 8GB RAM / Focusrite Scarlett 18i8
Dorico 2.2.10 / Halion 6.2.10 / Halion Sonic 3.2.10 / Padshop Pro 1.2.10 / HSO 1.0 / The Grand 3.2.0/

Ivory II Italian Grand / Ravenscroft 275 / Vienna imperial piano / Alicia Keys Piano / Addictive drums 2 & Keys / Ezdrummer 2 / Abbey Road Modern Drums / GPO 5 / VSL / Vienna Mir pro 24 /Bias amp & FX 1 & 2/ Amplitube 3 & 4 / Kuassa Creme & One / TH2 & 3 / Mercuriall Spark & Reaxis / Nugen Audio / Slate Digital / Wave Arts / Waves V9 & V10 / Softube / Toneboosters / NI / Neural DSP Darkglass ultra / PSP audioware / Markstudio 2 /

Stephen57

Post by Stephen57 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:10 am

raino wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:37 pm
Stephen57 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:01 pm
raino wrote:

Yeah it's work for hire so you own all rights to the audio delivered to you. I hired a vocalist for a couple of songs and the process was pretty strightforward and the site manages every step. You upload a mix of your song. A few days later the performer uploads matching stems. I thought it was good value.

The woman I hired also does traditional session work in LA, so I think work from the site becomes part of the mix for her income stream.
Thanks. I like the site. Looks good. A bit overwhelming.

Help with Cubase:

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”