Why Steinberg keeps screwing up

To be fair I think Steinberg hasn’t been screwing with up every update. Just a few versions like C7 and C8.5. All other versions have been fairly stable.
Since Steinberg has been under new management / Yamaha, the deadlines, the new features and staying in the lead, patents and copyrights play a role in these decisions.

If you guys haven’t noticed, every time Steinberg makes a major redesign of the GUI, there are major bugs. Like from C6/6.5 to C7. Some features like the edge pop up in version 8.5 were rediculous and disliked by many.

This new version C10 is getting a lot of negative reviews for some reason. It looks like an okay move for Steinberg once they fix all the bugs. Which I’m sure they will in version C10.5… although the virtual reality production tools look interesting.

Cubase has reached a plateau in the DAW software industry. Congratulations Steinberg you’re still the leader but like MeastroMetro7 posted, the new features have introduced new bugs.

I personally think Steinberg should stick to one GUI design and stop redesigning every few years. And work on improving things like Groove Agent, is a terrible drum machine. I now avoid it completely and prefer programming my drums in other DAW’s like Logic or other mobile apps.
Retrologue is cool but most synth sounds or VST in Cubase are boring and not very exciting and inspiring.

The trip out and they way the midi in cubase goes out of sync is terrible. Beat designer could use a major update and should have the ability to easily generate or have thousands of presets / patterns. But instead this new version come with many gigabytes of loops that increases the size of Cubase.

I’m at the point that I only use Cubase at certain, final stages of my production and mixing. Cubase is not inspiring and doesn’t help much with your creativity, Logic or even Garage Band mobile app is much better for that… I will not buy this new Cubase 10. Maybe Cubase 10.5…