Cubase Vs Ableton

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
violab

Re: Cubase Vs Ableton

Post by violab » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:18 pm

Cubase has a lot of great features to offer. You can do insanely deep stuff, and a lot of it makes great sense and opens a lot of possibilities to mix and create sound. Just look at Greg Ondos Cubase tutorials and you will see what awesome stuff you can do in the DAW and how many workflow shortcuts really exist under the surface.

But I should add that I like Ableton more for Beat creation.

Wyatt Edwards

Post by Wyatt Edwards » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:23 pm

If Ableton and Cubase were people, Ableton would have been a cool and hip person and Cubase would've been a modern professional person.
Go ahead. Choose the one that suits you the best.

Regards.
Cubase 8.0 Pro
Intel i7 7700K
NVIDIA QUADRO GV100
32 GB, 1 TB HDD
Windows 10 Pro
MS Dynamics 365

telecode

Post by telecode » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:09 pm

Wyatt Edwards wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:23 pm
If Ableton and Cubase were people, Ableton would have been a cool and hip person and Cubase would've been a modern professional person.
Go ahead. Choose the one that suits you the best.

Regards.
i am both. and i use cubase because of the type of music i make, and more importantly, the way I make and capture music into a DAW.
be cool,

https://soundcloud.com/telecode101 | https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOB4JV ... 0396XaF1aQ
Gear: Mac Mini 2008 model, i7, OS X 10.13.x (High Sierra), 16gb RAM, Cubase 10.5, Cubase 9.5, Maschine MK3, Maschine Jam, Arturia V-Collections, Komplete 6 Interface, Komplete Ultimate, lots of guitars and lapsteels and other stringed stuff.

Wyatt Edwards

Post by Wyatt Edwards » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:23 am

Ableton is lean and rock solid. Cubase is a little bit of a mess when it comes to vestigial functions, quirks and other processes as it is still much wedded to multi track tape workflow. But ableton looses the MIDI feature of Cubase.
Cubase 8.0 Pro
Intel i7 7700K
NVIDIA QUADRO GV100
32 GB, 1 TB HDD
Windows 10 Pro
MS Dynamics 365

skank

Post by skank » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:04 pm

Wyatt Edwards wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:23 am
Ableton is lean and rock solid. Cubase is a little bit of a mess when it comes to vestigial functions, quirks and other processes as it is still much wedded to multi track tape workflow. But ableton looses the MIDI feature of Cubase.

I found this helpful.
This is not what you think it is./

Qiwibird

Post by Qiwibird » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:01 pm

Hi!
I bought akai ableton and it's just great! Absolutely love it. I wasn't a huge fan of the first maschine software, but 2.6 is amazing. Everything is very streamlined to the controller perfectly with every parameter already mapped to the smart strips. I also haven't even had to use my keyboard since I bought it because of how perfect the keyboard function is with the jam. Just pick your root note, select your scale and every pad is in key. the only knock I have at all is that sampling with the jam isn't the easiest without a maschine controller but with any version of the maschine (mk2, mikro or studio) you have every little bit of control you could ever need. Really satisfied with this and can't wait to purchases the studio!

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”