EUCON V MCU

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
Keyplayer

EUCON V MCU

Post by Keyplayer » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:35 pm

Does anybody know where you can get a side by side comparison chart between Eucon and MCU? I can't find anything online. All the titles I'm finding center around working with Pro Tools or Resolution Depths of Eucon v MCU. What I'd like to know is what will Eucon do that MCU won't?

Anyone know of such a chart?
Nuendo 1.0 - 10 |VST Studio Connect Pro | Windows 10 Pro | Intel i7 - 5820K CPU @ 3.30 | 64-bit OS | 32GB of RAM |RME HDSPe RayDAT | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Video Card | Euphonix MC Control, 2 Mix & Transport | Xkeys | iConnectivity mi10 MIDI Interface | UAD-2 Octo Core with UAD-1 Legacy Ultra Pak | Isotope RX4 | Melodyne 3.2 | Voxengo Plugins | Real Guitar | B4 II | EZ Drummer | Drumagog 4 | Virtual Guitarist 2 | Korg, Roland, Kurzweil Synths | Apogee Big Ben | 32 Channel Panasonic DA-7 desk | Equator D5 (5.1) & Mackie 824 (St.) monitors | VS-1680 & 880 HDR's |

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Re: EUCON V MCU

Post by MattiasNYC » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:37 pm

Nope. Sorry.

Off the top of my head the one difference that always annoys me when working with MCU is that there's a lag before the fader picks up written automation and the motor engages after you release on "touch". So if I'm in touch for example and I'm riding a fader over automation that's already been written, and I release, it takes like half a second or more before it starts moving from where I left it - i.e. returns to the written value. To me that's super-annoying because within that tiny amount of time I might want to start writing again. Unfortunately then it'll start writing when I touch it a second time which won't be in the correct location relative to the previously written automation, so I get the wrong values. Drives me nuts.
Nuendo 7.1.4 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Ryzen 1700 3.7GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Nvidia GTX 660 / ASUS x370-A mobo/ 500GB WD Blue system drive / Crucial BX100 250GB SSD media / spinners for library/backup ::::: iZotope RX / Phoenixverb Surround / DaVinci Resolve / Faderport / Applied Acoustics UltraAnalog / my pet pony Frank

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”