Linux and eLicenser

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
si1n3rd

Linux and eLicenser

Post by si1n3rd » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:13 pm

Well, let me introduce myself first. I'm a 24-year old software developer (freelancer), also I have a hobby. I like to write orchestral music in my free time, but I can't do this in full on my main operating system. I should use old Edirol Orchestral or "shitty" SFZ libraries that don't sound good.

I have written to VSL (Vienna Symphonic Library) and asked them about the possibility of VSL to come on Linux. And they said that they could compile their plug-ins for Linux, but there is no sense because eLCC doesn't work on Linux. So, what about giving us this opportunity? I don't ask you to port your music software products on Linux because I understand that's a really expensive task. But I don't think that bringing eLCC on Linux and supporting of USB eLicenser it's so hard. I hate Windows 10 because of its annoying behavior :x Updating when the system wants, rebooting when the system wants, and so on.

So, please, do this for us. Bring eLCC and USB eLicenser support on Linux. Allow us to create without limits :D

si1n3rd

Re: Linux and eLicenser

Post by si1n3rd » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:59 pm

Well, as I see there are several threads on the forum when the users are asking for Linux support by Steinberg products, but I think they don't understand that porting such products is hard and time-consuming. But no one is even write something in this thread about my propose. So, any Linux users on this forum, do you really think that Steinberg will ever support Linux on their big products if you aren't asking them for supporting of small products? Let's motivate them to come on Linux, let's show them that we are ready to pay for their products, and we aren't a strange "crackers" that want to get free software, but we just people who love Linux for its freedom.

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”