Fresh INSTALLATION + SLOW Download Speeds = NIGHTMARE

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
sethian

Fresh INSTALLATION + SLOW Download Speeds = NIGHTMARE

Post by sethian » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:37 pm

Old computer died, had buy new computer and reinstall ALL files of Cubase 10 and many sound/data sets I purchased.

It took me a WEEK because the download speeds are so low.

I have bought new sounds, VSTs, etc., all of which took much time to install, as well.

I am in sheer terror of the next time my computer dies and have to reinstall EVERYTHING.

QUERY:

Is STEINBERG addressing this ONGOING PROBLEM?!

I wish Steinberg sold a 3T hard drive that came preloaded with everything they make, highest versions of Cubase, its associated files and other software they sell (unlocked with licence key purchase) is done, now. The stuff you don't use, you could select to be overwritten so you can use the space on the hard drive.

Cubase keeps getting huger and huger. This problem is going to get worse.

IDEAS?

-steve-
External Moderator

Re: Fresh INSTALLATION + SLOW Download Speeds = NIGHTMARE

Post by -steve- » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:22 pm

Just to back up your computer using disk imaging software, and to back up the installers.
independent manufacturer rep (not a Steinberg employee, and I do not speak for them)
cubase pro, nuendo, and dorico pro; latest versions
windows pro 10 | i7-3770k | ga-77x-ud5h | 32 Gb | UR44C | hp spectre x360 2018 | 16 Gb

jaslan
Grand Senior Member

Re: Fresh INSTALLATION + SLOW Download Speeds = NIGHTMARE

Post by jaslan » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:22 pm

Perhaps your internet provider is slow? Or maybe they meter your speeds during peak demand times or after you hit a data limit for the month, etc. I downloaded the update the other day (500Mb) and got 5-6 Mb/sec. i.e. less than a minute for the file. Never had much trouble with Steinberg downloads. Usually pretty fast. Cubase 10 full installer (~11GB) took 10-15 minutes last time and Halion 6 (~30GB) about an hour.
Cubase Pro 10. Core-i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10. UR44. M-Audio Axiom Pro 61. Fishman TriplePlay. Komplete 11 Ultimate. Jamstix 4. Absolute VST3. 418 Carrier Landings.
SoundCloud

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”