Qcon Pro X supports MIRRORED MIXING!

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
Keyplayer

Qcon Pro X supports MIRRORED MIXING!

Post by Keyplayer »

I just saw a video that showed the QCon Pro X totally following any changes on the Screen for Cubase!! :D :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPLE4xEwe88

I think I'm ready to swap out my Artist Series rigg for this setup. I've heard lots of mixed reviews about calibration issues, stability and lousy product support. Anybody here have any personal experience they'd care to share? I'm really tempted to try this out. Could you guys share the Pros and Cons for me? Much appreciated!
Nuendo 1.0 - 10 |VST Studio Connect Pro | Windows 10 Pro | Intel i9 - 9900K CPU @ 3.60 | 64-bit OS | 32GB of RAM |RME HDSPe RayDAT | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Video Card | Euphonix MC Control, 2 Mix & Transport | Xkeys | iConnectivity mi10 MIDI Interface | UAD-2 Octo Core with UAD-1 Legacy Ultra Pak | Isotope RX4 | Melodyne 3.2 | Voxengo Plugins | Real Guitar | B4 II | EZ Drummer | Drumagog 4 | Virtual Guitarist 2 | Korg, Roland, Kurzweil Synths | Apogee Big Ben | 32 Channel Panasonic DA7 Desk | Equator D5 (5.1) & Mackie 824 (St.) monitors | VS-1680 & 880 HDR's |

Henry1970

Re: Qcon Pro X supports MIRRORED MIXING!

Post by Henry1970 »

Keyplayer wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:46 pm
I just saw a video that showed the QCon Pro X totally following any changes on the Screen for Cubase!! :D :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPLE4xEwe88

I think I'm ready to swap out my Artist Series rigg for this setup. I've heard lots of mixed reviews about calibration issues, stability and lousy product support. Anybody here have any personal experience they'd care to share? I'm really tempted to try this out. Could you guys share the Pros and Cons for me? Much appreciated!
Not sure if you mean that the Qcon follows Cubase, because that's not happening.
I have a Qcon Pro-X + 1 extender. If I look at channels 1 to 16 on my controllers then select track 24, the Qcon will not "follow". I don't mind, cause that would screw up my workflow/how I set up my sessions and such.
Have this setup for 2,5 years now, haven't had any issues. Heard people having issues of it loosing connection after a while, but I'm not working on it 8 hours a day. Did happen once, I left the room for a few hours, got back and had to reset it under Studio setup. Not a big issue to me, but I guess it can be annoying if you need to do that every few hours??
Mac Pro 5.1 (2009) 2x 3,0 Quad Core, 12 Gig RAM, Cubase 10.5 Pro, WaveLab Elements 7, RME Fireface 800 Audio Interface, Icon Qcon Pro X + XS, Emagic Unitor 8 Mk II, Alesis D4, Kemper Profiling Amp.

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”