An open plea to Steinberg

NoiseboyUK’s example is too overwhelming for me to test. I think we need super simple. Even more simple than mine above. I still can’t generate any errors at the moment, even with exports saved on C9, but mine aren’t nearly as complex as multi-channel. I vaguely remember exporting then immediately importing a few random errors in the past. Therefore, I don’t think the issue has to do with a different Cubase maintenance build.

Process of elimination, what should be focused on first?

With a blank Cubase project, export then import with the current Cubase version (start very simple*, instrument tracks only, factory VSTs only gradually expand if no errors)? Just one mix console window open, and use the identical export/import method. Then very slowly add tracks, and factory VST’s. Then add 3rd party. Then start with additional sends and FX tracks. If all that goes well then try audio tracks and do the same above?

Next, do the above with an existing Cubase project?

Other ways to test? I’m guessing the issue hasn’t been fixed because it’s too difficult to narrow down.

*Simple-maybe 1 audio track with 1 insert and 1 send to an efx track with 1 insert? Ignore routing for the time being?

Apologies for derailing, and if there is enough interest, maybe this should be a separate thread combined with the other threads about the same bug?