An open plea to Steinberg

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
Jeff Price
New Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:01 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Contact:

Re: An open plea to Steinberg

Post by Jeff Price » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:32 am

What happened to the Beta testers. I had an email to say i was picked. Did a stupid poll and have not heard a thing.

And still not enough fixes to 8.5

:oops:
PC= Win10 64bit, i9-9900K CPU Water cooled, Z390 Master MB, 16GB DDR4 3200mHZ Ram, RTX2080 Video card. Software= Cubase Pro 10, Halion 6, Groove Agent 5, Dark Planet & plug-in's by Antares, FabFilter, Waves, All of Toontrack's stuff, BFD3, UVI Workstation & Native Instruments. Hardware= UR-44, Pioneer S-DJ50X Studio monitors, CMC-PD, iRig Keys 37 Pro, Yamaha DTX-542K with 4 extra pads, Aria SB-40 Bass guitar and effects.

BM-TSR
Junior Member
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:56 am

Re: An open plea to Steinberg

Post by BM-TSR » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:45 am

Jeff Price wrote:What happened to the Beta testers. I had an email to say i was picked. Did a stupid poll and have not heard a thing.

And still not enough fixes to 8.5

:oops:
When it comes to communication, Steinberg is the worst company I have ever encountered... EVER, in my 51 years.

PS. They usually release some new updates/upgrades by december the 1st. Usually a "bug-fest" to hanker in some money during the christmas month.................. Usable maybe 6 months later.

Stupid poll.............. Very much so :roll:

Blackout
Member
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:13 am

Re: An open plea to Steinberg

Post by Blackout » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:26 pm

Steinberg please make the vst plugins manager allow the renaming of VST3 plugins.

You know....like, a VST plugins manager should do?

please dont leave this as another half-baked feature.
Cubase 8.5.30 / UAD2 Quad + UAD2 Solo / Win7 x64 SP1 / Asus X99 Deluxe II MB / 12 Gig DDR3 Samsung Ram / NVIDIA GT730 /Steinberg UR824 Audio Interface x2

User avatar
Winter Rat
Member
Posts: 705
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:10 pm
Contact:

Re: An open plea to Steinberg

Post by Winter Rat » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:20 pm

Blackout wrote:Steinberg please make the vst plugins manager allow the renaming of VST3 plugins.

You know....like, a VST plugins manager should do?

please dont leave this as another half-baked feature.
It's too late for supplications - Cubase 9 is already done. Two months before release is the time for testing not for implementing new features. ;) So if it's there it's there, if not...
Cubase 9.5
Win 8.1 or Win 10 Pro; Intel Core i7-8700K; Gigabyte GA-Z370 HD3P; 16 GB, 3000 MHz; GeForce GTX 1050.

James K
Member
Posts: 847
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:43 am
Contact:

Re: An open plea to Steinberg

Post by James K » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:20 am

I tried the Studio One demo and agree it's buttery smooth...great workflow! I've done several large projects in Logic X and it's solid as a rock. All though I miss the chord track, expression maps and the taller faders in Cubase if they don't fix a few things..the performance of the gui mainly I'm probably not coming back.
27 in - iMac 2011 , 16 Gigs RAM ,
Sierra Cubase Pro 10.0.20
Mavericks Cubase Pro 9.5.5
UR28M
CC121

James K
Member
Posts: 847
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:43 am
Contact:

Re: An open plea to Steinberg

Post by James K » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:13 am

Watch when my mouse hovers over the parameters in the Inspector on the left hand side. Horrible playhead lag.

https://youtu.be/a2zddmf1S58
27 in - iMac 2011 , 16 Gigs RAM ,
Sierra Cubase Pro 10.0.20
Mavericks Cubase Pro 9.5.5
UR28M
CC121

User avatar
Guillermo
Moderator
Posts: 511
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:50 pm
Contact:

Re: An open plea to Steinberg

Post by Guillermo » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:27 am

Hello all,
noiseboyuk wrote:With Autumn here and Dec 2nd approaching, a little thread revival. I was just looking at this Feature Requests thread - viewtopic.php?f=228&t=89552 - 7 pages of desperate +1s, and not really a single comment praising the status quo. And not one comment from Steinberg in 9 months.

I truly hope Cubase 9 marks a step change. Off the record I've heard positive things, but there is no indication of it here. There is still zero engagement between the Cubase development team and the users, in stark contrast to even Steinberg's own Cubasis team. The current version has fixed a few of the bugs to be sure, but in terms of all those smaller workflow irritations, a stony silence. Anyone have any reasons to be cheerful that I may have missed?
I have said this probably a 1000 times by now, the fact that sometimes there is no reply does not mean that nobody is reading the threads, please have in mind that the forums are moderated by Steinberg employees on their spare time, and we do not have much... We know you don't like the pop up buttons, hell, I don't like them, does the development team knows that, yes they do!!! We will do something about it, yes we will.
James K wrote:I just wonder how much time and resources went in to Cubasis 2 that could have gone into bug fixs for 8.5?
It does not work that way, the fact that we have different products and different teams and developers does not mean that resources have been taken or could have been used on Cubase, it is like a Steam engine, there is a certain amount of coal that you can throw into the fire, and the Cubase team is always on full steam, there is only one Engine and one rail and one destination. If we have a good release for Cubasis it just means that the developers involve (which only do iOS and Cubasis) are good, period!
Musicalkat wrote:+1 from me!

I've used Cubase for a very long time (came from Cool Edit Pro!!) and have always loved it, but it's not been stable for me since 6.5.

I'm now on 8.5 and things are so bad some days that I'm considering going back...,which is a shame because I love the new mixer....but there's nothing worse than being in the flow and then Cubase freezes/crashes/spikes/blips..and pulls you out of the zone and into troubleshooting mode.

My computer has remained the same through all of my upgrades, clean and optimised the best I can, but I'm now in a position where I need to upgrade, but then I see so many people having issues on newer PCs too that I just don't know what to do. Especially when it seems to be on a computer by computer basis :/

Sometimes, I really wish Steinberg would team up with an audio PC (and Mac) company and build a range of systems, low budget to high end, that would be optimised, tuned, stable and awesome - just for running Cubase..

But, anyway..yes...please fix what you can before adding more features. We love Cubase so much!
You should have a look at XI-Machines: http://www.dawplus.com/index.html we work very closely with them, they provided the computer for our studio, and it works great, but all good things come with a price ;)
James K wrote:Watch when my mouse hovers over the parameters in the Inspector on the left hand side. Horrible playhead lag.

https://youtu.be/a2zddmf1S58
Cannot reproduce this on my MacBook Pro not even running Cubase Pro 8.5 on Parallels on Windows 10... this kind of issues are hard to pinpoint because there is no way you can create an easy repro... no repro no bug...

You want to know what is coming in Cubase 9? Well here it is:

Loopmash 3!! Chorpads 4, Hypersonic 2001, a brand new project page with no Key commands, we removed mouse support, so you will have to use Siri or Cortana to get things done, and finally gesture support, so you will have to enable your camera, and use signs, don't worry you will receive a 3000 pages PDF with all the supported gestures 8-) :D

Jokes aside, here is how it is, divide the software in 3 parts: Features that you didn't know that you needed that might or might not be used on your daily workflow. Features requests and the features that could be implemented in time, improvements and fixes.

Best regards,
GN
Guillermo Navarrete, Online Product Specialist
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud and Google+!

User avatar
shadowfax
Senior Member
Posts: 2773
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 3:21 pm
Contact:

Re: An open plea to Steinberg

Post by shadowfax » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:44 am

Somebody from Steinberg just came out of hibernation...wow!! :o :o :o
https://soundcloud.com/knmac ... Cubase 10.5..Windows 10..Intel Core i9 9900K Coffee Lake Refresh 3.6GHz Eight Core 1151 Socket Overclockable Processor, WD Black WDS250G3X0C SN750 - 250GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD, ASRock AMD Radeon RX580 8GB OC Phantom Gaming D Dual Fan Graphics Card,
Gigabyte Z390 GAMING X Intel Socket 1151 ATX HDMI DDR4 USB C 3.1 M.2 Motherboard, 32GB ram, 2x Team GX2 1TB SATA III SSD. Yamaha N8.

James K
Member
Posts: 847
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:43 am
Contact:

Re: An open plea to Steinberg

Post by James K » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:52 am

Thanks for your replies Guillermo. I believe this is affecting larger screens than your laptop that you're using to replicate the issue. My iMac is 27 inch and it's clear that I'm not the only one with graphic issues with larger mac screens.
So far I'm seeing in on fresh installs of Mountain Lion, Yosemite and now El Capitan and as you probably see in my signature I'm also using Steinbergs UR28M hardware and drivers.
27 in - iMac 2011 , 16 Gigs RAM ,
Sierra Cubase Pro 10.0.20
Mavericks Cubase Pro 9.5.5
UR28M
CC121

User avatar
Guillermo
Moderator
Posts: 511
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:50 pm
Contact:

Re: An open plea to Steinberg

Post by Guillermo » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:59 am

Hello,
James K wrote:Thanks for your replies Guillermo. I believe this is affecting larger screens than your laptop that you're using to replicate the issue. My iMac is 27 inch and it's clear that I'm not the only one with graphic issues with larger mac screens.
So far I'm seeing in on fresh installs of Mountain Lion, Yosemite and now El Capitan and as you probably see in my signature I'm also using Steinbergs UR28M hardware and drivers.
This is off topic, please open a new thread about it on the Bug reports forum, I have also an external monitor connected to it, and on the 3 screens that we have in the Studio I have not suffered from this behaviour...

Best regards,
GN
Guillermo Navarrete, Online Product Specialist
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud and Google+!

User avatar
ggc
Senior Member
Posts: 1434
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:17 am

Re: An open plea to Steinberg

Post by ggc » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:06 am

Guillermo wrote: You want to know what is coming in Cubase 9? Well here it is:

Loopmash 3!! Chorpads 4, Hypersonic 2001, a brand new project page with no Key commands, we removed mouse support, so you will have to use Siri or Cortana to get things done, and finally gesture support, so you will have to enable your camera, and use signs, don't worry you will receive a 3000 pages PDF with all the supported gestures 8-) :D

BWAHAHAAHA!

Blackout
Member
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:13 am

Re: An open plea to Steinberg

Post by Blackout » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:19 am

Winter Rat wrote:
Blackout wrote:Steinberg please make the vst plugins manager allow the renaming of VST3 plugins.

You know....like, a VST plugins manager should do?

please dont leave this as another half-baked feature.
It's too late for supplications - Cubase 9 is already done. Two months before release is the time for testing not for implementing new features. ;) So if it's there it's there, if not...
Winter Rat, was it already too late when i posted this problem/request back in July 2015??

viewtopic.php?f=226&t=82638

come on now. We still have to resort to using a hex editor and hacking our vst3 plugins to change their name? And this has been a major flaw in the Plugin Manager since it was introduced in C7.5.

Too late for C9 pffft give me a break. If its not fixed in C9 it will be a great big slap in the face for Cubase users and this forum. Why it wasnt already fixed in C8 (plenty of posts about this as soon as C7.5 came out) or even C8.5 (ignored) is bewildering. Only possibility is that $teinberg dont listen to their users or read this forum.

Lets see how many more half-baked new features they pile on top with C9 instead of going back and fixing features like this one they introduced several versions ago.

Im very much looking forward to C9. WE...SHALL...SEE.
Cubase 8.5.30 / UAD2 Quad + UAD2 Solo / Win7 x64 SP1 / Asus X99 Deluxe II MB / 12 Gig DDR3 Samsung Ram / NVIDIA GT730 /Steinberg UR824 Audio Interface x2

-steve-
External Moderator
Posts: 9121
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: An open plea to Steinberg

Post by -steve- » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:02 pm

Guillermo wrote: don't worry you will receive a 3000 pages PDF with all the supported gestures
So again you have ignored my request for a hard copy, I mean limestone or granite! C'mon Steiny! <-- pun intended
independent manufacturer rep
cubase pro, nuendo, and dorico pro; latest versions
windows pro 10 | i7-3770k | ga-77x-ud5h | 32 Gb | UR44C | hp spectre x360 2018 | 16 Gb

User avatar
Winter Rat
Member
Posts: 705
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:10 pm
Contact:

Re: An open plea to Steinberg

Post by Winter Rat » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:14 pm

Blackout wrote:Winter Rat, was it already too late when i posted this problem/request back in July 2015??

viewtopic.php?f=226&t=82638

come on now. We still have to resort to using a hex editor and hacking our vst3 plugins to change their name? And this has been a major flaw in the Plugin Manager since it was introduced in C7.5.

Too late for C9 pffft give me a break. If its not fixed in C9 it will be a great big slap in the face for Cubase users and this forum. Why it wasnt already fixed in C8 (plenty of posts about this as soon as C7.5 came out) or even C8.5 (ignored) is bewildering. Only possibility is that $teinberg dont listen to their users or read this forum.

Lets see how many more half-baked new features they pile on top with C9 instead of going back and fixing features like this one they introduced several versions ago.

Im very much looking forward to C9. WE...SHALL...SEE.
Don't get me wrong, I'm totally with you I just say obvious things, that the train #9 is off and we have nothing to do about it just wait for the release and celebrate the victory or bemoan our naivety. :lol:
Cubase 9.5
Win 8.1 or Win 10 Pro; Intel Core i7-8700K; Gigabyte GA-Z370 HD3P; 16 GB, 3000 MHz; GeForce GTX 1050.

User avatar
Guillermo
Moderator
Posts: 511
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:50 pm
Contact:

Re: An open plea to Steinberg

Post by Guillermo » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:43 pm

Hello all,

To be honest, we have a list of more than 3500 feature request... it is simply to much, and each user has their top feature request list, it is almost imposible to know what and which are really the most wanted needed. Some users will have their wishes come true and some will just have to wait, on the other hand, it is a good thing that we have so many requests, it means we have ideas and features to implement for the next 50 years, or more!

Also, the online forums and communities does not represent the totality of our user base, most experts say, that regarding online communities; 10% of the members generate most of the content and 80% are passive users while the other 10% are moderators and sporadical contributors.

So, what features are included are based on: Yes, the forums and what feedback we gather from here and other online communities, our artists and request from professionals. E.g. Look at the Steinberg Pro sessions that is only a small sample of what happens when we have artists, producers, composers in-house that actually spend time with the developers and we receive direct feedback from them.

Best regards,
GN
Guillermo Navarrete, Online Product Specialist
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud and Google+!

ResonantMind
Member
Posts: 947
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:39 am

Re: An open plea to Steinberg

Post by ResonantMind » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:43 pm

Guillermo wrote:Hello all,

To be honest, we have a list of more than 3500 feature request... it is simply to much, and each user has their top feature request list, it is almost imposible to know what and which are really the most wanted needed. Some users will have their wishes come true and some will just have to wait, on the other hand, it is a good thing that we have so many requests, it means we have ideas and features to implement for the next 50 years, or more!

Also, the online forums and communities does not represent the totality of our user base, most experts say, that regarding online communities; 10% of the members generate most of the content and 80% are passive users while the other 10% are moderators and sporadical contributors.

So, what features are included are based on: Yes, the forums and what feedback we gather from here and other online communities, our artists and request from professionals. E.g. Look at the Steinberg Pro sessions that is only a small sample of what happens when we have artists, producers, composers in-house that actually spend time with the developers and we receive direct feedback from them.

Best regards,
GN
Thanks Guillermo,
My number #1 feature request right now is, "post it" notes...
viewtopic.php?f=228&t=101931

any favours I can do to make this happen?


*edit*

Actually, now that I think of it.. Render in Place with an option for 'Bypass Fader" is probably my #1. 8-)

hesca116
Member
Posts: 452
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:17 pm
Contact:

Re: An open plea to Steinberg

Post by hesca116 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:53 pm

Guillermo wrote:Hello all,

To be honest, we have a list of more than 3500 feature request... it is simply to much, and each user has their top feature request list, it is almost imposible to know what and which are really the most wanted needed. Some users will have their wishes come true and some will just have to wait, on the other hand, it is a good thing that we have so many requests, it means we have ideas and features to implement for the next 50 years, or more!

Also, the online forums and communities does not represent the totality of our user base, most experts say, that regarding online communities; 10% of the members generate most of the content and 80% are passive users while the other 10% are moderators and sporadical contributors.

So, what features are included are based on: Yes, the forums and what feedback we gather from here and other online communities, our artists and request from professionals. E.g. Look at the Steinberg Pro sessions that is only a small sample of what happens when we have artists, producers, composers in-house that actually spend time with the developers and we receive direct feedback from them.

Best regards,
GN
Hello Guillermo. How about... a poll?

Ask US the users what features are more important. I´d be THRILLED to do that kinda thing.

Oh and since we got your attention.

My top request is: Mix Console Undo. If you have ANY way to raise attention to this one, that would be awesome.

User avatar
Guillermo
Moderator
Posts: 511
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:50 pm
Contact:

Re: An open plea to Steinberg

Post by Guillermo » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:00 pm

Hello,
hesca116 wrote:
Guillermo wrote:Hello all,

To be honest, we have a list of more than 3500 feature request... it is simply to much, and each user has their top feature request list, it is almost imposible to know what and which are really the most wanted needed. Some users will have their wishes come true and some will just have to wait, on the other hand, it is a good thing that we have so many requests, it means we have ideas and features to implement for the next 50 years, or more!

Also, the online forums and communities does not represent the totality of our user base, most experts say, that regarding online communities; 10% of the members generate most of the content and 80% are passive users while the other 10% are moderators and sporadical contributors.

So, what features are included are based on: Yes, the forums and what feedback we gather from here and other online communities, our artists and request from professionals. E.g. Look at the Steinberg Pro sessions that is only a small sample of what happens when we have artists, producers, composers in-house that actually spend time with the developers and we receive direct feedback from them.

Best regards,
GN
Hello Guillermo. How about... a poll?

Ask US the users what features are more important. I´d be THRILLED to do that kinda thing.

Oh and since we got your attention.

My top request is: Mix Console Undo. If you have ANY way to raise attention to this one, that would be awesome.
You are supper late to the party! We already did that long time ago, in the before, before times and your request was number one... Please read the following thread: viewtopic.php?f=226&t=91305&p=520384#p520384

Best regards,
GN
Guillermo Navarrete, Online Product Specialist
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud and Google+!

noiseboyuk
Member
Posts: 720
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: An open plea to Steinberg

Post by noiseboyuk » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:06 pm

Guillermo wrote:I have said this probably a 1000 times by now, the fact that sometimes there is no reply does not mean that nobody is reading the threads, please have in mind that the forums are moderated by Steinberg employees on their spare time, and we do not have much... We know you don't like the pop up buttons, hell, I don't like them, does the development team knows that, yes they do!!! We will do something about it, yes we will.
Well this is good news Guillermo, but it really IS news. It's one thing to repeatedly say people are reading, but that's not enough I'm afraid. There are hundreds, thousands of threads here, and not every one will be either listened to or acted upon.

If there is literally nobody available to make any response to anything on Cubase - unlike Cubasis - then that right there is a situation that needs to be addressed. Why is it only a job in a Sternberg employee's spare time to actually tell customers what you are all doing? Are we that far down the priority list?

I must admit, I thought that when the Steinberg Cubase team had its pow-wow at the end of the year, some form of basic ongoing communication with its customers would be pretty high up the to-do list. I for one appreciate every contribution you make Guillermo, and make a big public thank you here for doing so. But there needs to be something ongoing, feedback to the issue and bug report threads when there has been a decision to act on them and so on. It will save users endless hours of duplicate posts, and likely frustration for you guys I'd have thought.

Anyway thanks for chipping in, I hope that communication might become an official higher priority for the Cubase team, so they're not always reliant on your good nature in your spare time.
Win 10 64 bit, i7 4930, 64gb RAM, 2x GT610, RME Babyface, Cubase 9.01, PT 12HD
Macbook Pro 2015, 2.8ghz i7, 16gb RAM

http://www.guyrowland.co.uk

hesca116
Member
Posts: 452
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:17 pm
Contact:

Re: An open plea to Steinberg

Post by hesca116 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:48 pm

Guillermo wrote:Hello,
hesca116 wrote:
Guillermo wrote:Hello all,

To be honest, we have a list of more than 3500 feature request... it is simply to much, and each user has their top feature request list, it is almost imposible to know what and which are really the most wanted needed. Some users will have their wishes come true and some will just have to wait, on the other hand, it is a good thing that we have so many requests, it means we have ideas and features to implement for the next 50 years, or more!

Also, the online forums and communities does not represent the totality of our user base, most experts say, that regarding online communities; 10% of the members generate most of the content and 80% are passive users while the other 10% are moderators and sporadical contributors.

So, what features are included are based on: Yes, the forums and what feedback we gather from here and other online communities, our artists and request from professionals. E.g. Look at the Steinberg Pro sessions that is only a small sample of what happens when we have artists, producers, composers in-house that actually spend time with the developers and we receive direct feedback from them.

Best regards,
GN
Hello Guillermo. How about... a poll?

Ask US the users what features are more important. I´d be THRILLED to do that kinda thing.

Oh and since we got your attention.

My top request is: Mix Console Undo. If you have ANY way to raise attention to this one, that would be awesome.
You are supper late to the party! We already did that long time ago, in the before, before times and your request was number one... Please read the following thread: viewtopic.php?f=226&t=91305&p=520384#p520384

Best regards,
GN
Wow thats SUPER great to know! Maybe a poll feature should be included in the steinberg hub, that way more users will get involved in this kind of feedback efforts.

Thanks Guillermo!

User avatar
peakae
Grand Senior Member
Posts: 3034
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:15 pm
Location: Bedroom
Contact:

Re: An open plea to Steinberg

Post by peakae » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:59 pm

hesca116 wrote:]

Wow thats SUPER great to know! Maybe a poll feature should be included in the steinberg hub, that way more users will get involved in this kind of feedback efforts.

Thanks Guillermo!
That is an good idea, make it an yearly poll and get some real data to work with.
Cubase Pro 10, Wavelab Elements 9, I7 3770K , win10x64, 16Gb Ram, RME Raydat, Steinberg MR816x, Motu 828mkII, Behringer ADA8200, Yamaha moXF6, Steinberg UR242, Yamaha THR 10, Grace Design m900, CMC TP, CMC CH.

User avatar
Winter Rat
Member
Posts: 705
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:10 pm
Contact:

Re: An open plea to Steinberg

Post by Winter Rat » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:04 pm

Guillermo wrote:Hello all,

To be honest, we have a list of more than 3500 feature request... it is simply to much, and each user has their top feature request list, it is almost imposible to know what and which are really the most wanted needed. Some users will have their wishes come true and some will just have to wait, on the other hand, it is a good thing that we have so many requests, it means we have ideas and features to implement for the next 50 years, or more!

Best regards,
GN
Thank you for very good news! 3500:50=70, so SB will implement 70 new features every year!! (at least 60). ;)
Cubase 9.5
Win 8.1 or Win 10 Pro; Intel Core i7-8700K; Gigabyte GA-Z370 HD3P; 16 GB, 3000 MHz; GeForce GTX 1050.

User avatar
sonicstate
Member
Posts: 467
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:28 pm
Contact:

Re: An open plea to Steinberg

Post by sonicstate » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:54 am

There should be an ongoing poll with feature requests. OK, maybe not all 3500, but at least a list of say 200 realistic and popular requests could be there for users to vote on. Requests that rank highest get higher priority.

And regarding what Guillermo said, that, "... please have in mind that the forums are moderated by Steinberg employees on their spare time, and we do not have much..." - this realy shouldn't be so. Actually, to contact customers, should be everyones FIRST priority after they enter office every day. Or somebody should be employed just for this task, to go on forums and reply. It is really bad practice that you do this at you free time. Even worse if you are expected to do it in free time, without being paid for it. Bad management.
Cubase Pro 8.5, Win 64bit, i7-4770K @4.3GHz, ASUS Z87-K, 16Gb, RME HDSP 9652, BCF 2000, BCR 2000, Novation Launchpad Mini, M-Audio TriggerFinger, M-Audio Axiom AIR Mini 32, Korg NanoKey, plenty outboard synths and fx, 24ch Studiomaster mixer, Yamaha NS10s, Dynaudio BM5, Samson Rubicon R8a Ribbon, etc...

jimmys69
Member
Posts: 807
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:41 pm
Contact:

Re: An open plea to Steinberg

Post by jimmys69 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:04 am

Well there are thankfully guys like Martin.Jirsak, Grim, and many others that take the role of site moderators/helping others. Much thanks to them and others that keep the forum worth watching. Props to you all!

I would say it would be nice if there was more often interjection from Steinberg though (thanks Guillermo for spending time recently {much respect}) . Maybe pay a guy just to do that? At least give the dood something nice like a plush toy with a Cubase logo on it. :)
PC Win7-64-16G i7-4790k/Cubase 5-6-7 32 bit, Cubase 8-9 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7X/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne Editor

bronswerk
New Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:34 pm
Contact:

Re: An open plea to Steinberg

Post by bronswerk » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:57 am

I'm surprised. They really do not want that their employees spent time with users like you and me, unless it's in their spare time?

So this is how corporations work. I'll guess the management uses the argument that moderating the forum is not productive enough and users are just sheeps bloating in the meadow.

Steinberg in my book is no longer that innovative company it used to be. Gone are the days where developers were business man too. It's marketing driven and people in suits dictates the company strategy, not always for the benefit of the average user. I'm getting sick of the mails I get when there's a new vst synth or sound library or some other useless program. Of course I can unsubscribe to these mails, but I want to see in what direction Steinberg goes.

I'm already holding back on upgrades (still on 7.5 and skipping version 8 for now). If version 9 has features that I really don't like, eg cloud etc, then I'm switching to Studio One.
Cubase 7.0.5, Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, 32GB ram, 240GB ssd, 2TB disk, Motu: 24IO (2x) 2408MK3, Alyseum AL-88 midi ethernet

Post Reply

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests