Led Zeppelin VS Spirit. Plagiarism?

I think the property rights switched hands recently.

Led Zep stole a ton of stuff. Not sure this one entirely qualifies. But they should pay those from whom they stole.

The most stolen song in the history of music - YouTube ?

A few here that are meh, but some are definitely in HFC territory!

My ipad doesnt like ur link, alexis…

.?:stuck_out_tongue:

I think the lawsuit will fail btw. Or they’ll settle outside of court.

r i d i c u l o u s

it’s just a minor chord with a descending base note played on a guitar.
There’s gotta have been thousands of such songs.

And Spirit never heard of the Beatles “Michelle” of course. Or did they …
It’s a small part of that song but it’s there and it’s possible they STOLE IT!!!

And jazz standard “My Funny Valentine”, same same but different.

The list goes on as they say.

hahaha! wtf???
Didn’t Randy California die at least 10 years ago? His family is running out of cash?
Pure ugliness in the making …

Ulf nailed it. It’s about money not artistic integrity.

Led Z fans will definitely recognize this one:

I wish to add that although the ‘Stairway to heaven’ case is maybe a special case since it’s such a common harmonic sequence nobody can take credit for I’m fully aware of the malpractice of mr Page when it comes to “song writing”. There’s more to the art than just taking an angle grinder, remove the old name and write Page there instead, especially when the music isn’t written by “anonymous” but by someone still alive and kicking …

Or as my friend says: Led Zeppelin; greatest cover band ever!

Hey try to make a unique composition these days, I dare you :wink:

That’s a red herring. Page is ripping people off which is far worse.

Yeah a little off topic :wink:

Certainly a bit of an eye opener for Led Zeppelin fans!

After a weeklong trial, the jury ultimately sided with Led Zeppelin in the case, which dated back to a 2014 filing.

Here’s what Ozzy Osbourne had to say about it:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/ozzy-osbourne-led-zep-trial-was-waste-of-f--king-time

Where would Ozzie be without the f-bomb! :laughing:

F-bombs aside- Ozzy nailed it. It’s a simple minor chord progression. Aside from that little riff, the songs are really not even close. Apples and oranges.

-Tom

it seems that piece is a public domain written in baroque era by harpist O’Carolan

I agree with the above, this is as clear as day, a hefty compensation should be on the cards
for duplication, No one has the right to benefit from other peoples talent and hard work.
Made very little effort to even do something different , not unless its some sort of cover,
If so there should be the word ’ cover by’ at the end of the title.