Existing midi tracks have no sound after reinstall (only new midi sounds)

Discuss all Sequel related topics.
electric_campfire

Existing midi tracks have no sound after reinstall (only new midi sounds)

Post by electric_campfire » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:57 pm

After a fresh install of Sequel 3, if I open any pre-existing project with a bunch of midi tracks and play it, there is no sound for the notes written and those tracks don't respond to my midi keyboard. If I 'Add Track' and select the same midi instrument, it works fine and I can drag and drop the old midi track onto the newly created one. Problem is, there are thousands of tracks with custom effects (equalizers/reverb/modulation) over the span of 7 years. What do I need to update to get this working again? What's missing in the physical project file that I need to add back to restore the midis?

Each project file typically has three folders (Audio, Images, Track Pictures) and a Sequel proj file. I can't tell what needs to be updated file wise though when comparing a working project to an older, non working project.

Any help is appreciated!

Robert Reboot Robot

Re: Existing midi tracks have no sound after reinstall (only new midi sounds)

Post by Robert Reboot Robot » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:24 pm

Similar thing here. I can make new projects that work but projects that were created before Sequel 3s re-install don't make any sound. Weird thing is that if I start a new project immediately after attempting to load and play a pre re-install project then I get no sound even with my new project. Then if I open a Sequel Tutorial Project that works and seems to fix the problem of creating new working Sequel projects.

JosephBoyd

Re: Existing midi tracks have no sound after reinstall (only new midi sounds)

Post by JosephBoyd » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:13 am

I thought I was the only one facing this issue. Not only I felt like something goes wrong this time but also it was like I'm doing something bad.

Return to “Sequel”