Random .5 sec audio dropouts on single group channel track

Discuss all Sequel related topics.
billymac10

Random .5 sec audio dropouts on single group channel track

Post by billymac10 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:28 pm

Hi Everyone,

I recently built a new computer and am migrating my music files from the old rig to the new. I'm using Cubase 9.0.30, and an RME Fireface UFX with USB. The new computer is an AMD 3900x chip an I'm running the files off of a nvme ssd.

When I play a cpr file on the new machine I'm getting a dropout of just one track for around 1/2 a sec. No other tracks seem to affected. On one song is was the group channel track for the drums. It affects the group track and the tracks that feed the group. I can see the meters fall for .5 sec then come back up. There is no pop or click, just a dropout. On another file it was the group electric guitar track that was affected. This happens about every 7 seconds on the affected tracks.

The recording is at 96khz 24bit. All drivers are updated. I'm seeing very little cpu usage with no spikes. I've messed around with the buffer but it doesn't change the problem. My latency is about 22ms. I don't have any AV software loaded on the new machine yet. I've tried disabling the wifi with no results.

The new computer is a lot more powerful than the previous one. I had a 4790k and ran files off a mechanical hdd. This new one should be be to handle things no problem but I just can't figure out where the issue coming from.

Has anyone experienced something like this before? Is there a fix? Please let me know if you need any more information. I'm tempted to just upgrade to 10 and see if that fixes it but I'd prefer to save the money.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Return to “Sequel”