Does anyone else have a missing playhead?

Discuss all Sequel related topics.
Musiclabnz

Does anyone else have a missing playhead?

Post by Musiclabnz » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:09 am

Been mucking around with a simple project using factory loops for a couple of days now. When I opened the project this evening and pushed the space bar to activate play I noticed no play head line scrolling through the project, but the bar position counter in the the pilot zone was ticking over as normal. The only way I could make the scrolling line reappear was to drag the cursor over one of the ends of the loops. This action somehow 'wakes up' the line and it reappears and scrolls as usual. I am assuming this is a GUI bug.

As I am new here, is this the right place to report this or is there something else I should do?

Cheers

JHP

Re: Does anyone else have a missing playhead?

Post by JHP » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:57 am

Musiclabnz wrote:Been mucking around with a simple project using factory loops for a couple of days now. When I opened the project this evening and pushed the space bar to activate play I noticed no play head line scrolling through the project, but the bar position counter in the the pilot zone was ticking over as normal. The only way I could make the scrolling line reappear was to drag the cursor over one of the ends of the loops. This action somehow 'wakes up' the line and it reappears and scrolls as usual. I am assuming this is a GUI bug.

As I am new here, is this the right place to report this or is there something else I should do?

Cheers
Hi,
Hmm, I have nver heard of this before. Maybe this could be a zoom problem so you should press "G" and "H" a couple of times. So zoom out all the way... zoom in all the way... and zoom back to a level that you like.

Also try this.
Solving problems with Sequel
This magic bullet is to address several issues with Sequel.
It cannot do any harm and it is always the first thing to do if you experience a problem in Sequel.

You should reset your Sequel by generating a new preferences folder. All preferences will be set back as if Sequel has been freshly installed. The Media Bay Presets will be rescanned.
In order to do so you must rename the following folder:

Mac OS X
/Users/Your Username/Library/Preferences/Sequel 3
You must rename to
/Users/Your Username/Library/Preferences/Sequel 3 inactive

PC Windows 7/(Vista)
OS Disk \User\Your Username\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Sequel 3
You must rename to
OS Disk \User\Your Username\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Sequel 3 inactive

If you cannot follow the path stated above you might have to "show hidden files and folders" in Windows.
!Make sure to setup your ASIO driver in the Sequel setup correctly again after generating the new preferences folder.

You can find the "Program Settings Page" in which you must setup your ASIO driver if you click on the symbol on the menu bar below. The "Program Settings Page" symbol looks like this:

You should avoid using the "Direct X Full Duplex" driver. If you have a dedicated ASIO Device you should choose the respective device driver in the "Program Settings Page". If you are using the internal Soundcard of your System you should choose the "Generic Low Latency" driver. In many cases the ASIO4All driver works even better. You can download the ASIO4ALL driver from http://www.ASIO4ALL.com. Download the driver and install it. After this you will be able to choose it as ASIO device driver in the "Program Settings Page".
---------------------------------
If the problem remains even try to rename the entire Steinberg folder so...

PC Windows 7/(Vista)
OS Disk \User\Your Username\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\
You must rename to
OS Disk \User\Your Username\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg 3 inactive\
---------------------------------
If the problem still remains reinstall Sequel 3.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe also updating your Displaycard driver could be a good idea.

Greetings,
JHP
Jan Peters, QA
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

Return to “Sequel”