Sequel 3 upgrade from Sequel 2

Discuss all Sequel related topics.
B.Well

Sequel 3 upgrade from Sequel 2

Post by B.Well » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:42 pm

Hello

I have Sequel 2 installed on an old PC I no longer use... can I upgrade to Sequel 3 on a new PC without S2 being installed or does Sequel 2 need to be installed on the new PC first?

I have no internet connection on the new PC is this a problem?

Thanks

B.Well

Re: Sequel 3 upgrade from Sequel 2

Post by B.Well » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:28 am

:shock:

JHP

Post by JHP » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:00 pm

Hi, :)
I would recommend to you to transfer the licenses to a USB- eLicenser so you are more flexible.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Store your license on an USB-eLicenser
You can transfer your license on to the USB- eLicenser or download it directly to this USB device.
The USB -eLicenser makes your product license portable so you can install the product anywhere you like. Once you connect the USB- eLicenser the license will be detected and the product will run.

Also if you change your harddisc and the hardware configuration changes your license will remain untouched and stable on the USB- eLicenser. The USB- eLicenser can be purchased here:
USB- eLicenser
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then you can transfer your Sequel 2 license to the eLicenser. Once you enter your Sequel 3 upgrade activation code your Sequel 2 license will become a Sequel 3 license.
:) :)
Greetings,
JHP
Jan Peters, QA
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

B.Well

Post by B.Well » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:23 pm

Thanks for the reply JHP......... i don't like Dongles... I think I'll leave it for the time being, wait and see if there are more updates to sequel worth the hassle.

JHP

Post by JHP » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:20 pm

B.Well wrote:Hello

I have Sequel 2 installed on an old PC I no longer use... can I upgrade to Sequel 3 on a new PC without S2 being installed or does Sequel 2 need to be installed on the new PC first?

I have no internet connection on the new PC is this a problem?

Thanks
Hi,
You do need to have the license on the new pc.
So you have to login to your MySteinberg account and click on reactivation for Sequel 2 to obtain a new Sequel 2 activation code. Then you enter the ac to download the Sequel 2 license. Then when you enter the Sequel 3 upgrade code the license will be detected and transformed to a Sequel 3 license.

Gr,
JHP
Jan Peters, QA
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

B.Well

Post by B.Well » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:27 pm

Thank you.

Return to “Sequel”