More Cubase weirdness

Although this may be a new feature (I should RTFM) there’s a red ring around the insert space and it wont let me insert a vst. What could it mean? Out of resources?

Hi,

The red ring means, the field is in focus.

Why would it suddenly give me the red ring whilst I can not enter a vst, I am locked out (like my career)

Hi,

Could you attach a screenshot, please?

You should just click to the slot. Do you use a touch screen by any chance?

sometimes this happens, the red ring of the insert lights up, click on the slot to enter vst and nothing, can’t insert anything after clicking on it.

Today, opened an older project and none of the kontakt instruments would load on startup. This is just crazy. The only reason I even use cubase is because of it’s usefulness with vi’s. But I don’t know. What’s a good, stable DAW that is decent with vi’s that doesn’t have all these crazy bugs?

So the apparent reason is that the cubase plugin manager doesn’t see ANY of the native instruments instruments (suddenly). Whose fault? Native Access or Cubase bug? The plugin manager is pointed to the right folder (native instruments/64 bit plugins) Cubase doesn’t see them for some reason.

Him

Aren’t the NI plug-ins blacklisted in Cubase?

Hey Martin, thanks for checking. They weren’t blacklisted, and everything is working today. So annoying, no?

Ok, not working today! Native instruments vst’s are not showing as available in plugin manager cubase 10. It was working yesterday

[*]Got it working with kontakt, but then opened an older project and got this…

Cubase Warnings (Sunday, October 13, 2019)
On loading: C:\Users\David\Documents\Cubase Projects\High Fidelity.cpr

The plug-in “Tape” could not be found for Insert 1 Channel “VSTOutputChannel”!
The plug-in “Kontakt 5” could not be found for Instrument Track “Brass High”!
The plug-in “Kontakt 5” could not be found for Instrument Track “Ostinato Strings”!
The plug-in “Vienna Instruments x64” could not be found for Instrument Track “Strings Stac.”!
The plug-in “Vienna Instruments x64” could not be found for Instrument Track “Strings Sus”!
The plug-in “Vienna Instruments x64” could not be found for Instrument Track “Strings Pizz”!
The plug-in “Vienna Instruments x64” could not be found for Instrument Track “Strings Trem”!
The plug-in “Vienna Instruments x64” could not be found for Instrument Track “Strings Portamento”!
The plug-in “Vienna Instruments x64” could not be found for Instrument Track “Oboes Sustain”!
The plug-in “Vienna Instruments x64” could not be found for Instrument Track “Trumpets Sustain”!
The plug-in “Vienna Instruments x64” could not be found for Instrument Track “Horns Sustain”!
The plug-in “Vienna Instruments x64” could not be found for Instrument Track “Cornet Sustain”!
The plug-in “Vienna Instruments x64” could not be found for Instrument Track “Woodwinds Sustain”!
The plug-in “Kontakt 5” could not be found for Instrument Track “Rhapsody strings”!
The plug-in “Kontakt 5” could not be found for Instrument Track “Furia Staccato Strings”!

Hi,

Aren’t the plug-ins blacklisted?

are the plugins on a different and possibly failing drive

Thx for the replies. The last issue, the kontakt missing in projecty was resolved this way https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004153345-KONTAKT-5-Crashes-Windows-

The other issues are still mysteries.

oops they did it again! Something is causing kontakt to be greyed out in cubase 10.0.4. didn’t see it in blacklist. Whose support can help me with this?

Hi,

Do you have any new crash dump files? Was NI Kontakt crashing Cubase?

I know it doesn’t help with the issue, but I have Komplete 12 and I am using the latest version of Cubase and the instruments are working for me. I think when I installed them, there were about 4 items that got blacklisted. So far I haven’t missed them. But I’ve mostly been using the orchestral instuments.

Hey Kev,

Thanks for the insight. Apparently,there were several things that went wrong all at the same time. Very weird! I’ve patched the hole in the boat, but it doesn’t give me much confidence in this installation.

Hey Kev,

Thanks for the insight. Apparently,there were several things that went wrong all at the same time. Very weird! I’ve patched the hole in the boat, but it doesn’t give me much confidence in this installation.

Any solution to the plug-in could not be for instrument??
Thanks,
Rob