Upgraded to Windows 8 now no licences

Discuss all Sequel related topics.
banamanuk

Upgraded to Windows 8 now no licences

Post by banamanuk » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:30 pm

I have messaged Steinberg on 26th and 29th November 2012 and have still not received a reply.

I have a problem on a relatively new PC (<6mths old). The PC has a good spec as below. Initially it was shipped with Windows 7. I had to contact Steinberg when I received the PC as I was unable to get the e-licenser to accept my licence codes following a reinstall. This was finally resolved, however I have recently upgraded to Windows 8. Following the upgrade I am unable to run Sequel 3.

PC SPEC
Platform: PC
CPU/Computer model: Intel Core i7
eLCC / LCC: eLicenser Control Center (eLCC)
Version: 6.5.2.1113
Clock speed: i7
RAM (GB): 16GB

I have just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8 . Some time ago I was assisted by your support team in providing new activation codes for my Sequel 3 software following purchase of a new PC.

It appears that I am now unable to open the software Sequel 3. I have tried everything in e-licencer such as repair functions, I upgraded to the latest version. I then logged on here to seek email help but received no reply. I have also tried using the Activation/ Reactivation section on the website.

However when I input my e-license number and my last activation code, which was emailed to me by your help team previousy I get an error message saying that I need to contact you.

My version of Sequel 3 was an upgrade from Sequel 2 but that shouldnt make a difference I have always purchased the correct licences at all times as you will see from my account history.

Please can you supply me with the right codes so I can begin using the software again?

I am unsure why my previous two emails have not been answered.

Bodo
Steinberg Employee

Re: Upgraded to Windows 8 now no licences

Post by Bodo » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:13 pm

Do you see you see a Sequel license on the soft elicenser in the elicenser control center?

If not, please follow the "Reactivation" instructions of this Knowledge Base article

Return to “Sequel”