How many Sequel 3 users out there?

Discuss all Sequel related topics.
rkabz54

How many Sequel 3 users out there?

Post by rkabz54 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:49 am

Please respond to this post so that we can get an idea of how many Sequel users there are out there. I think it would be a good thing so that we show Steinberg we would like regular updates of the program and features.......... ;)

If you don't make a noise nothing happens.

Perhaps we can start a centralized 'wish list'.

Items I would like to see:

1. 64 bit version.
2. Drop Media Bay down into the Multi Zone when active. After all when choosing loops etc, you are wanting to see where in the Arrange Zone they are going. On a small display things get very cramped when Media Bay is being used and pops up in the Arrange Zone. Unless you have a full HD monitor you lose half of the Arrange Zone to Media Bay.
3. Fix the bugs people have been reporting on this forum.

No doubt I'll add more as I use Sequel more..........

rkabz54

Re: How many Sequel 3 users out there?

Post by rkabz54 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:13 pm

No takers? I thought there would be hundreds at least. Maybe Sequel is not that popular.

paultayler2004

Post by paultayler2004 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:32 pm

I upgraded to sequel 3 last week. To me it is functionally te same as sequel 2. I don't use many of the loops and tend to record everything live. I'm having problems with it though ... With lots of popping and crackling on recording which I never jadeite sequel 2

Dragging backing tracks into sequel for example. I managed it once. Bit for some reason no more.
I haven't used it in any depth as yet but am sure there'll be little improvements.

blommberg

Post by blommberg » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:05 pm

64-bit is a must.
I suppose sequel would be a fantastic success if VSTi 2 support was integrated. I think they don't do it because of Cubase ...
UR28M und Cubase Artist 7 / Sequel 3

rkabz54

Post by rkabz54 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:53 pm

Thanks for the posts. It sure is disappointing to upgrade a product so that it is supposedly better for your productivity or gives better features - and then you have audio problems with a setup that has not changed in any other way.....

Agree that being able to use VSTi 2 would make Sequel a whole lot more versatile. The built in effects and instruments really restrict creativity. I have a lot of plugins and soft instruments.

I run Cubase normally but have just started using Sequel 3 for loop based music creation It's an interesting way to go, but even with some additional loop sets, you soon get bored with them. The other thing is that the automatic retuning of audio loops and midi loops does not work very well and the retuning sounds unnatural and tonally 'wrong' in a lot of cases. Sequel could be smarter here.

leo tolstoy

Post by leo tolstoy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:40 pm

This is the worst forum for getting replies - S3 users just don't seem that bothered

I havn't needed 64 bit so far during the last 14 music production and its never held me back, so don't see any advantage in getting it now........less can be more

it would be nice to have a version that doesn't have bugs though just once.

simoncrocket

Post by simoncrocket » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:22 pm

Hi - I am an AVID Sequel 3 user ! I still love it, and use it pretty much daily, and have done for the last couple of years. I find it quick and easy to use, so that creatively I can get my ideas down without having too many complications in setting things up. I am considering getting Cubase 7, but having got the trial version at the moment, I am finding it a steep learning curve compared to Sequel. The only reason I am trying it is for the access to my Moog VST2 instrument...
simoncrocket

Nigel Cato

Post by Nigel Cato » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:35 am

I am a regular user, just dont visit the forum very often!

curteye
External Moderator

Post by curteye » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:01 am

Aloha,

Have S3 here. But

As much as I love Cubase I just cannot get my head around Sequel.

To me apps like Sequel and GarageBand should not need much of a manual
but with Sequel not so.

I have a straight (no FXs) solo 'Slack Key' guitar session coming up this Sunday
and because of this post I will try it again.
{'-'}
If yer gear ain't breakin down, you aint workin' much.

iMac i7 2.8Gz 16GB-10.10x...../C5.5/6.5/7.5/CP8
MBP 3.0Gz......16GB-10.10x.../CP8

On the side of a volcano in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

sbonuk

Post by sbonuk » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:35 am

I started with with Sequel, then S2 and now S3. The sounds in Sequel can't be faulted, however it's just a very fiddly DAW. I've started to use the Sequel sounds/packs in Cubase Elements instead.

alison3492

Post by alison3492 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:26 pm

In my experience you will quickly overcome these problems if you purchase a USB Dongle. Licenses on the dongle are stable and you can re install whenever you need to
Are you worried about 1z0-050 latest exam questions marks in Aruba paced test engine to help you pass wikipedia latest resource Harvard University dumps exam by using Lynn University

WTS

Post by WTS » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:36 pm

rkabz54 wrote:Please respond to this post so that we can get an idea of how many Sequel users there are out there. I think it would be a good thing so that we show Steinberg we would like regular updates of the program and features.......... ;)

I am aware that my post is somewhat off topic although i am adding to your list of "Sequal 3" users.

First a little bit of noise:

Yesterday ( Sat, Nov 1, 2014 ) I purchased Sequel 3. My account plus my USB/eLicenser shows Sequel 3 with a full license however when i launch S3 it comes up as unregistered and noting that i am entitled to additional content for free if i register. What the****.

I appreciate the fact that Steinberg use a copy rite protection system because i have been using Steinberg software for more then twenty years and have gone thru all sorts of Steinberg schemes that protect their software. It's reassuring to know that only "paid" users have full use of their programmes.

Having said that this latest scheme has me rather upset. I have contacted Steinberg support and their reply:
We will take care of your request and get back to you as soon as possible. Please note that due to bank holidays and large trade shows (e.g. Musikmesse in Frankfurt and NAMM shows) the response might be delayed.
Meanwhile i have tried Sequel 3 and there are a few quirks which i will elaborate in a followup post shortly.

This looks like a good forum of Sequel 3 users.

james stimson

Post by james stimson » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:21 am

I posted a similar tread myself recently but just found this one, so I will add to it.
Yes, Yes, Yes, Steinberg please start taking Sequel seriously. It is by far the best designed piece of DAW software out.
Steinberg you yourself called it your "next generation software" and then you forgot about it almost completely. You really have done an amazing job designing a piece of software that foster creative workflow unlike any other on the market. I would gladly pay what I paid for Cubase 7.5 for a version of Sequel without endless bugs, with VST2 support,
and a few other additions. Please?

rkabz54

Post by rkabz54 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:13 am

Well it seems that even if you do make a noise and tell Steinberg how good S3 is, they still don't give a damn................nothing new yet and probably never will be - challenge to Steinberg - prove me wrong!!! :twisted:

TheTraveler

Post by TheTraveler » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:49 am

I was a user. Now I'm just out $80US and a lesson learned. Lack of updates, no vst2 support, non-existent technical support, a ghost-town forum, draconian and complex licensing procedure. Moving on ...

gothicAngel

Post by gothicAngel » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:56 am

...Sequel 2 and then Sequel 3 user (besides Cubase...) here....

great piece of software for starting new ideas and quick/smart sequencing, not to mention the fact that projects can be imported into Cubase for further deep developing...

...totally agree though that it should have VST2 support and regular updates....

...replies from Steinberg on this would be much appreciated.....
gothicAngel
EBM - Dark Electronics
Cakewalk Z3TA+ 2 / Lennar Digital Sylenth1 / ReFX Vanguard / ReFX NEXUS

WTS

Post by WTS » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:04 pm

gothicAngel wrote:...Sequel 2 and then Sequel 3 user (besides Cubase...) here....

not to mention the fact that projects can be imported into Cubase for further deep developing...

...replies from Steinberg on this would be much appreciated.....

Not aware that projects can be imported into Cubase...

And yes, Steinberg seems to have very little to say about Sequel 3 and if there will be a Sequel 4 in this franchise series...

gothicAngel

Post by gothicAngel » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:25 pm

WTS wrote:
Not aware that projects can be imported into Cubase...

And yes, Steinberg seems to have very little to say about Sequel 3 and if there will be a Sequel 4 in this franchise series...

...Yes... projects made in Sequel can be imported into Cubase, very powerful feature....

If only Steinberg let us hear their voices on further developments....

I love their software, but I have to note that, especially if compared with other companies, as with Cakewalk for instance, which I have a lot of experience with as long time SONAR user, Steinberg don't relate almost AT ALL with customers on this forum...

sorry to say that especially Sequel's area is pratically a dead zone.... almost useless.... too bad......

Regards.
gothicAngel
EBM - Dark Electronics
Cakewalk Z3TA+ 2 / Lennar Digital Sylenth1 / ReFX Vanguard / ReFX NEXUS

bluesman5280

Post by bluesman5280 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:06 am

I am using Sequel 3

loubot75

Post by loubot75 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:51 am

im a sequel 3 user and love it but agree about the extra feature requests

swebrave

Post by swebrave » Tue May 12, 2015 8:44 am

I love Sequel 3!
I have tried virtually all other DAW's out there, but Sequel is the best in terms of making music quickly, instead of first learning trillions of settings, windows etc... which really kills the creative flow.

I would love to buy the new drum kit "Future Past Perfect" but it will not work on Sequel's "old" Groove Agent???

CurtfromCanada

Post by CurtfromCanada » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:46 am

I use sequel 3 and have for about two months now. beggining to get more advanced with it and learning more each time. Good so far and suits my needs. But always learning which is good.

james stimson

Post by james stimson » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:17 am

Wow, Steinberg...
Still nothing in updates for Sequel 3? No reply at all from them, ever! I have checked in several times with Tech support and they have no idea at all if anything is being done, or will ever be done with this great DAW. Totally confusing to say the least. I will again however chime in with a wish list of features to add just in case you plan to make this "best designed and most creativly condusive DAW" even better...
* VST2 support
It has been years and the market is just not following your VST3 lead and the sound pallet is too limited for people to even invest in Sequel despite its greatness.
* 64 bit processing.
This has been a standard for years now, newer VST2 and VST3 plugins and instruments are becomming so CPU intensive that they can not be used even moderately on a 32 bit only DAW like Sequel.
* Allow for more effect rack plugins and Mastrer track plugins.
3 only is too limiting for most. It would be a natural addition to the scrollable horizontal UI of the effect rack. and the scrollable vertical UI of the master effect section and would open Sequel up to a professional level of mixing capabilities inside the clean and fluid interface.
* Allow for user added sends. Possibly through a simple send insert in the effect rack. Simple.
This as a feature would make a great addition to the mixing workflow while not complicating the amazing UI.
*Add a slight resize to some of the UI features for better touch integration.
NOTE: Sequel works incredably well on a touch system. Better than all the other DAW's as is. A slight adjustment to a handfull of the controls (NOT a redesign of the UI) would make Sequel the best touch interactive DAW on the market Do you want customers Steinberg?
Sequel 3 is truely the best designed DAW available, I have tested and used them all, both Mac and PC and nothing comes close to the ease of usability, the fluid workflow, and the uncluttered UI. You have however built so many limitations into Sequel that no one is going to be able to use it for anything beyond tinkering.
I really really really would like to know WHY?
To finish, I would like to just add that if your answer is because you do not want to cerate competition for Cubase... Please know that Sequel is a totally different tool and not even comparable with Cubase and thus would not be a competitor. Even with fully capable (non limited) features Sequel would be a totally different experience and the connection with Cubase would likely give you twice the sales.
I think that in the creation of Sequel you were seeking to make a Steinberg alternative to Ableton Live and possibly Garageband, you really have built a much better tool than both of these. You have however written complete failure into Sequel from the get go. All of the recent Bitwig Studio converts could have been Sequel converts. All of the Garargband refugees that were left with unuseable software when Apple dumbed and destroyed GB would have flocked to Sequel. All of those who see the potential of touch integration and music making would buy your product in a heart beat. But for some reason you insist on pointless limitations.
I can only hope blindly that you at Steinberg decide to do something further with Sequel...
It will be a loss of oppertunity if you do not.

sbonuk

Post by sbonuk » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:28 am

Well there you go then...Sequel has had an update! :)
Still some marvellous sounds and functionality, deffo worth keeping on the desktop.

PrankMamaTough

Post by PrankMamaTough » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:38 pm

rkabz54 wrote:Please respond to this post so that we can get an idea of how many Sequel users there are out there. I think it would be a good thing so that we show Steinberg we would like regular updates of the program and features.......... ;)

Items I would like to see:

1. 64 bit version.
2. Drop Media Bay down into the Multi Zone when active. After all when choosing loops etc, you are wanting to see where in the Arrange Zone they are going. On a small display things get very cramped when Media Bay is being used and pops up in the Arrange Zone. Unless you have a full HD monitor you lose half of the Arrange Zone to Media Bay.
3. Fix the bugs people have been reporting on this forum.

No doubt I'll add more as I use Sequel more..........

Well, an update is an update! I am glad that there has been another one. It made me realize that it's definitely worth a space on my desktop.

Return to “Sequel”