Windows 10 - please do not upgrade!

Discuss all Sequel related topics.
Ed Doll
Site Admin

Windows 10 - please do not upgrade!

Post by Ed Doll » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:08 am

Hello all,

We will release an official announcement later today but our tests have shown performance and timing issues with Cubase, Nuendo and Sequel on Windows 10 (build 10240) systems.
Also, the latest Quicktime 7.7.7 cannot be installed on a Windows 10 system which basically removes the video support in Cubase and Nuendo.
While these issues did not occur on all systems we tested with, we can only recommend to wait.

In addition, the Yamaha Steinberg USB and Firewire drivers also show issues with sample rate switches and thus are not fully compatible either.

More information will follow as soon as we know more.
Ed Doll, Support Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and SoundCloud!

ZeleptorStudio

Re: Windows 10 - please do not upgrade!

Post by ZeleptorStudio » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:26 pm

Hallo. When do you expect to have an update for Sequel 3 so it is ready and works in Windows 10?

jdenmo

Post by jdenmo » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:59 pm

I recently updated to Windows 10 and Sequel LE 2 won't even open anymore. It gets stuck in this window about "Selecting a license in the device tree" and everytime I try to refresh nothing happens. I get constant errors.

I would hope for an answer to this very soon as I have many songs on Sequel that I can no longer access..
just give'r

Ed Doll
Site Admin

Post by Ed Doll » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:15 am

There is no update needed for Sequel as the issues are related to Windows 10 itself. Microsoft is working on fixing the issue.
In regards to the license issues that might come up after an upgrade installation, please have a look at this article: https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support ... enser.html

For Sequel LE 2 I would suggest to uninstall it and the eLicenser Control Center, install the latest eLicenser Control Center again followed by a reinstallation of Sequel LE 2.
Ed Doll, Support Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and SoundCloud!

jdenmo

Post by jdenmo » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:48 pm

I went and uninstalled eLicenser then went and re-downloaded the updated version that just came out today. Re-started everything and now Sequel LE2 works fine. Thanks a bunch!
just give'r

Xophedebx

Post by Xophedebx » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:40 am

Hello,

I just joined the forum. I upgraded to Win 10 in the start of August, and I did not faced any issue except with eLicenser. Once eLicenser has been updated, I used the key re-activation for my Sequel 3 LE vesrion and then the key for my full license of Sequel 3 has been recognized without any issue ==> in my opinion, there was no issue with Win 10 or Sequel 3, but just a eLicenser problem (I had the same when transfering all on a new PC: re-activation is mandatory).

Cheers

Return to “Sequel”