Midi device Manager and XML file for (Korg Krome)

Hello everyone. I’m new to this forum and have an early question.
I have Cubase 9.5 elements, a Korg Krome 88 note with Left and Right Audio outputs connected into the line inputs of a Focusrite 18i8 audio/midi interface which is connected to my Laptop. The Korg Krome is also connected to my Hp Pavilion Core i5 laptop via USB and the USB Korg midi driver has successfully been installed and working (I can record audio and midi in cubase).

Problem------
When it came to selecting the midi device Korg Krome in the Midi Device Manager, it was not there. When I tried to import the device, it took me to a directory where by it is looking for a XML file. What is this XML file? How can I create one? Can I do a Sys exclusive dump of all the midi related info to create such a file? Why isn’t Krome not available from the list? Can anyone help me with this as not having all of this data in Cubase means a lack of efficiency as I want to use Cubase to select the banks and patches from Krome’s Sound engine.

On a side note… I was not successful at installing the Korg Krome VST plug -in editor and making use of it, as it is only 32-bit (now blacklisted) and no longer supported by cubase as now only 64 bit plugins are used.(shame).
Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated.

1 Like

i also had the same problem with cubase esential 5, korg krome 73 & windows 10 operation system…

Steinberg can’t possibly add patch scripts of every synth ever produced? The downside is also that there’s no way you can just dump these names from the synth in a format that will be recognized by Cubase. So you’ll have to build these scripts manually. But in this case luckily you can download it here:

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AKR5SgMvyGB6zro&cid=FC3D28C90B250781&id=FC3D28C90B250781!10131&parId=FC3D28C90B250781!10130&o=OneUp

Download it and put the ‘korg krome.txt’ script in this directory:

C:\Users%username%\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 9.5_64\Scripts\Patchnames\inactive\korg\

Remove your earlier created Korg Krome device in midi device manager and created a new one importing this ‘korg krome.txt’ in the process. After this you should be able to select the patches from the inspector.