Elgato Stream Deck and Cubase 9

Old thread, but I’m thinking on Mac OSX you might have to add the app to the privacy accessability app list.
With the Slate Raven touchscreen and it’s various UPDD/other software you have to do this, this may the case with the Stream Deck as well.
Open system preferences/security and privacy/privacy and add the Stream mate app/apps to the list, and see if that helps.

Best

• BT

Hey Stef, sorry to revive an old thread, i just bought an Elgato for other programs, but i am a Cubase User.
Any tips on how to get it mapped for transport control and other functions in Cubase?
Using Cubase Pro 10 on Windows 10.

Cheers,
Rexx.

Same here, would love to have Cubase working with stream deck

Same here, would love to have Cubase working with stream deck

My Cubase Stream Deck plugin is available in the Stream Deck store, just install it and play with it :smiley:

Helped me. +1 Thanks

Very nice work, thanks a lot.
Still the up down track selection does not seem to work, or should it? jumping between tracks still does not seem to work unfortunately.

Solved it, to everyone having this problem: It “feels” wrong, but you have to choose button type: HOLD.

Solved it, to everyone having this problem: It “feels” wrong, but you have to choose button type: HOLD.

That’s odd, I can move between tracks using PUSH buttons using both midi and key commands. (assigned to Project - Select Track:Next/Prev)

I found this forum post after having issues getting a stream deck to work in Cubase. I also need Cubase to run in admin mode, even for the latest version of Jbridge but I’m running Cubase 10.5 and using Win10. Eventually I worked out that if you run the stream deck in Admin mode, it work in Cubase when Cubase is in Admin mode. I went to the start bar menu, typed in stream deck, right clicked on it and set it to start in admin mode. Now it works all the time automatically.

Thanks for the Plugin! Installed and now configuring it, great instructions too, I really appreciate the work you’ve put in here.
Cheers.
Rexx.

Thanks, I’m glad you like it :smiley:

That sounds awesome! Any chance for a working Mac Solution? :unamused:

I know that others are working on Mac solutions, bit unfortunately I am not. :frowning:

I am using Stream Deck since a year now and it works perfectly just out the box both with Cubase and Nuendo 10 (which I just upgraded to). You can even set it up to show only Cubase Icons when you start Cubase (Application based icon display).

There is one thing to consider (which is important when using key commands in Cubase and Nuendo): You need to deactivate the onscreen keyboard (toggle with ALT-K). Otherwise commands get filtered out.

I have designed 60+ icons and kept it within the Cubase design philosophy (red / white / black). The LCD icons can be toggled and will display ON / OFF icons as well. I also use sub folders to make maximum use of the key real estate. I use it every day and am very happy with it.

You can check out more images here!

Cheers!

Cool icons, are they available for download somewhere?

You don’t say what plugin you use but it seems to be key control based. If you haven’t tried them I think you should try my Cubase and Nuendo plugins that are quite integrated with the daws and where you can use Midi :smiley: (…and key control)

@guca02: I downloaded the Nuendo version of your Stream Deck app. Very cool!! I love how the (midi) commands are automatically populated in the drop down. I was able to get the Midi setup working, you instructions are very good. It really pays of to do it, since the midi version of the key commands comes in handy if you want feedback from Cubase / Nuendo to show up in the Stream Deck. Your importable settings for the Stream Deck are for the Stream Deck XL btw. I just reworked it for the normal SD and made all the new icons for it (including feedback icons ON-OFF). I am pretty busy right now, but I am in the process of creating an icon pack of all my 100+ icons, where I will also include a PDF handbook (with all commands) and SD presets. Hope to get it done this weekend… Once I added it to my blog, I will post the link here. Also gonna add a link to your app pages on my website in my Stream Deck icon blog. When I am done, you are welcome to post a link on your website to my icons (link exchange). Cheers!

Where can i find the cubase plugin? i can not find it in the store :frowning:

The Cubase plugin is Windows-only, so if you are a Mac user you won’t see it in the store.

I am using Windows 10…I am still unable to find it.

Does anyone have a link?

That’s very odd, You don’t have this entry in your store (when you click “More Actions” in your Stream Deck window)?