nanoKontrol MIDI weirdness

Find topics on computers, studios and music-related hardware.
raino
Grand Senior Member

nanoKontrol MIDI weirdness

Post by raino »

I've got a nanoKontrol I use to control various bits of gear.

Normally this works fine, but about 3 weeks ago it stopped working. After fiddling around a bit I sorted out what's occurring but I don't have any ideas about the root cause or how to get around it.

After booting the system none of the nanoKontrol's controls work. If I look in Device Manager it sees the nanoKontrol and thinks it is operating normally.

If I then unplug the usb cable and re-plug it into the nanoKontrol the entry in Device Manager disappears and reappears - exactly as expected. But now the controller works as expected.

Latest drivers and from what I can tell the onset didn't occur with a Windows update. It is plugged into a hub (powered) but kind of needs to be. Nothing in the physical setup has changed from when this worked as expected.

I'm kinda getting tired of having to re-plug the device after every boot. BUT I'm really getting tired of forgetting to fitz with the cable and then getting blasted out of my chair by a youtube video. :o
rodger

Cubase Pro 11, Win10 Home, Halion6, Groove Agent 5, WaveLab Pro 10, BFD3, GPO, Komplete Ultimate 9, Waves Gold, Misc. other

i7 4771 Haswell Processor 3.5GHz, ADK LGA1150, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX970, RME Fireface 400, 2x UAD-2

Latest: Bawdy Politik https://rodgerraino.bandcamp.com/releases

Return to “Computer/Studio Hardware & Setup”