est acoustic panels for small room?

Find topics on computers, studios and music-related hardware.
Pavinia

est acoustic panels for small room?

Post by Pavinia » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:01 pm

Who has experience to share in hanging acoustical wall panels to treat a small (12'x12') practice room? Not looking for absolute sound-proofing as much as deadening echo off bare walls and tile floor. Do you have a particular brand, or type, to recommend, or one to stay away from?

petriman

Re: est acoustic panels for small room?

Post by petriman » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:04 pm

Of course it is up to your budget. I have great experience with GIK Acoustics. They have sales office in US and UK.

A lot of instruction videos of DIY panels at Youtube if you are on tight budget.

You can not do ANY sound-proofing with acoustic panels, just acustic adjustments.
Cubase Pro 10.5 - UAD Apollos and Satellites TB3 (20 cores) - WIN 10 Home 64-bit - Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE - i9-9900 3.60GHz - 32GB 3200MHz RAM - Asus Dual RX580 - Samsung EVO Plus 1TB & 2TB - Fractal Design Define R6

dr

Re: est acoustic panels for small room?

Post by dr » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:42 pm

re: GIK acoustics in the UK

a friend just bought some and the quality was distinctly suspect. Some were half filled - some were damaged. Support was basically useless.

Their answer to the half empty corner trap was "talk into it and if sounds muffled then it's fine" (!) - I'm hoping they sort it as I suggested he buy them but not looking positive so far.

FWIW I normally build them myself using rockwool RW3 - you can make custom sizes and it's 10% of the price of buying them.

Return to “Computer/Studio Hardware & Setup”