eLicenser Error

Find topics on computers, studios and music-related hardware.
SWERelic

eLicenser Error

Post by SWERelic » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:49 am

Lately I have started to get an error due maintenance. (The Soft-eLicenser stored on this computer doesn't seem to have been created on this computer.) I have restored my OS from an Backup earlier and I believe that is the cause of it. But how do I get rid of it. I don't have any Sel licenses.

http://i63.tinypic.com/dmtk6h.jpg

Cubase seems to work OK but since it's using my USB dongle license?!. But still I don't feel to comfortable to have errors with the License. I got a nice crash yesterday with cubase and I had some problems with my Padshop-pro earlier but it could be due other reasons. overall it seems to work.
Makes the impossible possible

Dirk Stegemann
Steinberg Employee

Re: eLicenser Error

Post by Dirk Stegemann » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:58 pm

SWERelic wrote:Lately I have started to get an error due maintenance. (The Soft-eLicenser stored on this computer doesn't seem to have been created on this computer.) I have restored my OS from an Backup earlier and I believe that is the cause of it.
Restoring your system from a backup is a very likely cause for the symptoms you're describing, so it's a good analysis.

It is possible to "repair" the Soft-eLicenser using different techniques, depending on the exact state of the Soft-eLicenser, but as your Soft-eLicenser is basically empty (it only contains an expired demo license), I'd recommend the easiest solution: just delete the Soft-eLicenser storage file from your disk.

On Windows, the Soft-eLicenser storage file is named "SeLicenser.sel" and is located here (please copy/paste the path to an explorer window's address bar):

%ProgramData%/Syncrosoft

SWERelic wrote:Cubase seems to work OK but since it's using my USB dongle license?!
Exactly.
Dirk Stegemann
Software Developer & QA
SMTG Digital Unit - Services

Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Check out Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud and Google+!

SWERelic

Post by SWERelic » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:11 pm

Thank you. That solved the problem. All fine now.

BR Jonas
Makes the impossible possible

RenTenTen

Post by RenTenTen » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:04 pm

Thanks a lot! This solved my problem as well.

Happy composing!

Return to “Computer/Studio Hardware & Setup”