Not So Squeasy, a work for stage band

Well, I did some renovations. The link is below.

I must say that I’m a bit bemused by the whole sound source issue. A number of years ago I put up an orchestral piece where all my sounds came from the synths in my possession. At the time I had little idea that sample libraries existed, much less how to use them. Someone here suggested Garritan. I did a bit of homework and, at the time, it appeared to be a good solution. I was happy enough with the sounds on most of the instruments and as I didn’t have (still don’t) access to the real deal the sounds gave a decent feel for the music I was writing.

To me, the music is the important aspect. I can see how to many of you the recording is the issue and I really appreciate the advice that is given. If I aim to get the best sounds then I sometimes feel that I’m trying to please everybody - we all have a point of view - and I know that’s impossible. So, I have to try to please myself.

When I put recordings up, it’s to get the music out in the public space. I’m not in the position where I think I’m going to become a recording star out of my work, but if I could find an avenue to a performance or publishing deal I would be happy. (Maybe this is not the right forum for that but I respect the people here).

Ultimately, I want to learn how to get better with everything. One step at a time - I am male!

Thanks for listening

Jonathan

https://jonathanmorrison.bandcamp.com/track/not-so-squeasy