Free Retrologue Programs

Let's hear what you have made using our products!
Elektrobolt
Location: A wet blue oblate spheroid spinning around a fiery bright yellow dwarf at 107,000 km/h.

Free Retrologue Programs

Post by Elektrobolt »

;)
Attachments
My Jupiter 1-6.zip
Retro Jupiter with F/X
(9.99 KiB) Downloaded 427 times
"Remember that we live only in the present, in this fleeting instant; all the rest of our life is either past and gone, or not yet revealed."

Elektrobolt
Location: A wet blue oblate spheroid spinning around a fiery bright yellow dwarf at 107,000 km/h.

Re: Free Retrologue Programs

Post by Elektrobolt »

Nexta Programme.
Attachments
My Soggy Squelch 1.zip
Do Not Funkaroon?
(1.81 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
"Remember that we live only in the present, in this fleeting instant; all the rest of our life is either past and gone, or not yet revealed."

Elektrobolt

Post by Elektrobolt »

Nineteen
Attachments
My State Farm 1-2.zip
Eighty-Three
(3.48 KiB) Downloaded 301 times

Elektrobolt

Post by Elektrobolt »

Sort of anyways.
Attachments
My JX3P 1.zip
More Cryptic Programming
(1.69 KiB) Downloaded 352 times

Elektrobolt

Post by Elektrobolt »

Twinz!
Attachments
My Bell DownPitch 1-2.zip
Wit Juan Colourd
(3.22 KiB) Downloaded 308 times

Elektrobolt

Post by Elektrobolt »

Dry.
Attachments
My Sync Chorus 1.zip
Not Too Dry
(1.65 KiB) Downloaded 293 times

Elektrobolt

Post by Elektrobolt »

Goodbye (albeit poetic) 80's
Attachments
My Digi80s 1.zip
Another Pop
(1.86 KiB) Downloaded 309 times

Elektrobolt

Post by Elektrobolt »

A Low Frequency Oscillator comes in handy almost anytime.
Attachments
My HypnoLFO 1-2.zip
No Comment
(3.5 KiB) Downloaded 298 times

Elektrobolt

Post by Elektrobolt »

Sync it!
Attachments
My SimpleLFO 1-2.zip
Dun-Dun-Dun-Dun...
(3.28 KiB) Downloaded 313 times

Elektrobolt

Post by Elektrobolt »

If anyone (that haven't already given a "thumbs up" for these programs) would like additional programs, please add thumbs up for the ones you like, and perhaps I'll add a few more in that genre.

Robingardner

Post by Robingardner »

Hi! I was wondering if you know how to get a synth sound from Retrolouge 2 like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLVcJUBkRQw

Listen @ 0:34 and you hear what kind of sound I mean. It kind of "wobbles and do other stuff too"... I will experiment to achive such sound myself but I have zero experience with synths (I mainly play bass, guitar and sing and do some midi drum stuff but never synth stuff, maybe some midi piano or organ stuff but then with "ready-made presets").

Plus, I also like to know how to achive a synth sound like this (a song by the same rock band from the 70's, The Sweet):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XIu1QhHiq8

Listen from the beginning of the song and you'll hear a synth thing going on with the cello...

Also on this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eiga0IgOvBg

Also from the beginning of the song...

I'd love some help with these synth sounds and dont know where to ask because I'm completely new to playing around with synth sounds! I ask because I'm doing cover songs of this rock band and they use these synth sounds... Sigh! They sound fantastic though and where probably ahead of their time in the 70's using synths... Any help with this would be fantastic! :) I'll try your presets too, maybe the synth sounds I'm looking for are in there somewhere... :)
Computer, OS, RAM & Hdd: Acer (Predator Orion 5000) fulltower computer. Win10 Home, 64-bit. Intel core i-7 8700K, 16GB RAM. 256 GB SSD, internal HDD with one TB, tons of USB 2/3, etc.
Audio Interface: Steinberg UR824
DAW: Cubase Pro 10
Extra Stuff:
Behringer Ultragain ADAT 8200 connected to the UR824, two external HDD's via USB with a total of 3 TB storage, AKAI MPK225 Midi controller, Softube Console One mkii, tons of plugins/VST's from Waves, Softube, ValhallaDSP, IK Multimedia, Native Instruments, Toontrack, etc.

Elektrobolt

Post by Elektrobolt »

Amazingly enough, I was in a band in the late 1980's that played a couple of Sweet songs for fun at a couple of local concerts in Sweden. I was a Sweet fan growing up.

Many of their sounds were based on LFO (like in all three tracks you linked), and what I was and still am impressed with is their use of envelope for pitch (like in "Burn on the Flame" or the infamous "Blockbuster", got to love it). Few bands that I've heard since (even synth bands) use this other than occasionally. I adore the initial sound on "Fox on the Run" as well. Nice use of a play sound and effect. Another nugget is the space sound on the chorus build-up on "Hell Raiser". :)

Do you by any chance have access to a traditional analog synthesizer? This will make it easier (for a beginner) to make sounds like what you are asking for. It's not hard at all really. Many are based on simple technics by todays standards. But as you can hear on most of their recordings, those melodies blend excellent into a mix.

I don't have much free time at the moment (which is why I haven't been active here lately) but when I get a chance I'll pop some more sounds in here. If you have any questions (only people that laugh at questions are stupid), post them and I'll answer when and if I can.

Play with the LFO's and the filter cutoff/resonance to space out. These will get you going.
Attachments
My Sweetness 1-2.zip
Initial LFO Sugar
(6.67 KiB) Downloaded 232 times

Return to “Made with Steinberg”