Can VST Connect Pro/Studio Pass Stream Video For Review?

All topics on the VST Connect products and Studio Pass
Leggy

Can VST Connect Pro/Studio Pass Stream Video For Review?

Post by Leggy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:39 am

Hi,

I'm a composer working in film and tv based in the UK. I have a project coming up and the directors are in LA so I'm wondering if VST Connect Pro and Studio Pass will allow me to stream a Quicktime Movie with sound plus a talkback mic so I can speak to them via their computer or ipad or whatever and allow them to reply in real time via an inbuilt mic or a proper mic into an audio interface at their end? What I'd like to do would be the equivalent of having them here in the studio going through my work or doing a spotting session. If I can't do it with VST Connect Pro etc then does anybody have an idea how I could? Latest Cubase 9 Pro here and VST Connect Pro. Working on both PC and Mac with latest operating systems.

Thanks,

Rob
Rob Lord
Stylophonic Music Productions Ltd
www.roblord.com

Puma0382

Re: Can VST Connect Pro/Studio Pass Stream Video For Review?

Post by Puma0382 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:49 pm

Hi - sounds exciting Rob; nice gig... :)

This is a great request but sadly, no; pretty sure this isn't possible. VST Connect is all about audio - there is no video playback facility/mechanism covered (except a live stream only via webcam of course). It doesn't handle video output directly from the Timeline.

If they ever could get to do this, well, it would be very big news..! ;)

Can you make use of Skype or somesuch (Source Connect Now, etc..) for at least one part of the review process..?

Anyway, good luck.! ;)

Bob
System 1:- Win10 64bit, Gigabyte H81M m/board, Intel i7 4790 3.6Ghz, 16Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb HDD storage, NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti, 2 x 22" LCD monitors at Full HD; Steinberg UR44; Cubase Pro v10.0.5, WaveLab Pro v9.5.40, Studio One v3.5.6, Addictive Drums 2, Komplete 10, StylusRMX

System 2:- Win10 32bit, Q6600 2.4 Ghz, 4Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, Delta 1010LT; Cubase Pro v8.0.40, WaveLab Pro v9.1.0, Komplete10, StylusRMX

TimoWildenhain

Post by TimoWildenhain » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:42 am

Leggy wrote:Hi,

I'm a composer working in film and tv based in the UK. I have a project coming up and the directors are in LA so I'm wondering if VST Connect Pro and Studio Pass will allow me to stream a Quicktime Movie with sound plus a talkback mic so I can speak to them via their computer or ipad or whatever and allow them to reply in real time via an inbuilt mic or a proper mic into an audio interface at their end? What I'd like to do would be the equivalent of having them here in the studio going through my work or doing a spotting session. If I can't do it with VST Connect Pro etc then does anybody have an idea how I could? Latest Cubase 9 Pro here and VST Connect Pro. Working on both PC and Mac with latest operating systems.

Thanks,

Rob
Hi Rob,

thank you for your question. Currently, there is no video streaming possibility with
VST Connect Pro, but this is definitely on our list. In case you need synced picture,
we recommend using Nuendo's ADR system, which will get remote-ADR features in
near future.

Thanks,
Timo
Timo Wildenhain - Head of Business Unit
Professional Audio Unit
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and MySpace!

Goblincave

Post by Goblincave » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:20 am

Rob[/quote]

Hi Rob,

thank you for your question. Currently, there is no video streaming possibility with
VST Connect Pro, but this is definitely on our list. In case you need synced picture,
we recommend using Nuendo's ADR system, which will get remote-ADR features in
near future.
Thanks,
Timo[/quote]

When you say in the near future are we talking a couple weeks or months or a year? If the remote adr system is integrated the way that vst connect is where you only need to have a paid version on the engineer side I would be seriously considering ditching protools as my main daw and working primarily in nuendo.

Currently I'm trying to work out a workaround using either midi timecode over internet or by getting a capture card to show up as a webcam in vst connect. Both have been a challenge but I'll post my setups if I can get either stable.

Return to “VST Connect”