Can VST Connect Pro/Studio Pass Stream Video For Review?

Hi,

I’m a composer working in film and tv based in the UK. I have a project coming up and the directors are in LA so I’m wondering if VST Connect Pro and Studio Pass will allow me to stream a Quicktime Movie with sound plus a talkback mic so I can speak to them via their computer or ipad or whatever and allow them to reply in real time via an inbuilt mic or a proper mic into an audio interface at their end? What I’d like to do would be the equivalent of having them here in the studio going through my work or doing a spotting session. If I can’t do it with VST Connect Pro etc then does anybody have an idea how I could? Latest Cubase 9 Pro here and VST Connect Pro. Working on both PC and Mac with latest operating systems.

Thanks,

Rob

Hi - sounds exciting Rob; nice gig… :slight_smile:

This is a great request but sadly, no; pretty sure this isn’t possible. VST Connect is all about audio - there is no video playback facility/mechanism covered (except a live stream only via webcam of course). It doesn’t handle video output directly from the Timeline.

If they ever could get to do this, well, it would be very big news…! :wink:

Can you make use of Skype or somesuch (Source Connect Now, etc…) for at least one part of the review process…?

Anyway, good luck.! :wink:

Bob

Hi Rob,

thank you for your question. Currently, there is no video streaming possibility with
VST Connect Pro, but this is definitely on our list. In case you need synced picture,
we recommend using Nuendo’s ADR system, which will get remote-ADR features in
near future.

Thanks,
Timo

Rob[/quote]

Hi Rob,

thank you for your question. Currently, there is no video streaming possibility with
VST Connect Pro, but this is definitely on our list. In case you need synced picture,
we recommend using Nuendo’s ADR system, which will get remote-ADR features in
near future.
Thanks,
Timo[/quote]

When you say in the near future are we talking a couple weeks or months or a year? If the remote adr system is integrated the way that vst connect is where you only need to have a paid version on the engineer side I would be seriously considering ditching protools as my main daw and working primarily in nuendo.

Currently I’m trying to work out a workaround using either midi timecode over internet or by getting a capture card to show up as a webcam in vst connect. Both have been a challenge but I’ll post my setups if I can get either stable.

Since I am searching and reading the forums, is this true, there was no update so far to the ADR feature at all since N7??

Is there still a plan to do so?

Best, Frederic (Fonojet Audio)

yes Fonojet - never happened.

I (eventually) got this reply from SB - but the reply came from SB support, they didn’t even know what ADR was and needed an explaination… so take it with a pinch of salt:

The Remote ADR (Automated Dialogue Replacement) support is not available neither for Nuendo 8 nor Nuendo 10 at the moment.
There is a Remote ADR prototype which is based on the VST Connect Technology. It is finding several issues on its path. These issues are of technical and bureaucratic nature.
Cubase’s VST Connect SE/Pro are also meeting some technical problems and they need to be improved as soon as possible. Steinberg should solve them the next year.

Furthermore, I have to inform the application, which allows Remote ADR (Automated Dialogue Replacement) support, shall be an independent application and it will be possible to load it in Nuendo. Steinberg supposes to release it next year. At the moment these are all the information I can provide to you about this request.

so basically I suspect we’ll never see it.

I hope that’s not true, as it is working quite good. But some non-technical issues prevent us from moving on at the moment.