Problem setting up Talkback.

Ok, so your Talkback works fine.

Pls let me reiterate and follow this exact procedure:
Menu Devices/VST Connections has several Tabs.

• in the Output Tab, you see how the Master Output Channel is connected (probably labeled “Stereo Out”). This is the channel that you see at the right of the Cubase/Nuendo mixer console. Set both output ports to “Not connected”. Why? Because as we are using the Control Room (mandatory for VST Connect now), we dont want to hear this channel directly but instead route it to the Control Room Mixer so we can do all sorts of things with it (like sending the mix directly to the Performer).
  • in the Studio Tab, connect Monitor1 ports to whatever your hardware ports are where you listen. You said it should be “mon L and mon R”, use these. Now even though your Output Channel is “Not Connected”, you should hear playback, click etc (regardless of VST Connect) through the Monitor Channel in the Control Room, right?
    Then everything should be fine and you will finally hear the Performer through the VST Connect Monitor plugin, which resides after the Control Room Monitor channel. If your Studio Monitor1 connections were not set but the Output connections were, it is exactly why you can’t hear the Performer. I tried to explain that before :slight_smile:
    It is really a good idea to familiarize yourself with the Control Room. I don’t like reading manuals too, but sometimes it can be a revelation. The Control Room is designed for this particular kind of action, recording someone else but yourself, and it has been used this way for many decades. You can control click or even external input (like a CD player) individually for the Talent (next door, or remote), assign a keyboard shortcut to the Talkback function etc so remote recording works exactly like in professional studios where the artist is next door, including punch in/out, dedicated cuemix, individual click and talkback control and much more.

Thanks, great that it works out for you.