Confusion re. VST Connect versions in Cubase 9 demos

Hello,

I’m currently evaluating the demos of both Cubase 9 Pro and Artist. In both I see VST Connect Pro as an included feature, with VST Connect SE options grayed, as shown here:

So, it would reasonably seem that VST Connect Pro is included with both versions, Pro and Artist, of Cubase 9.

However, reviewing the promo materials for Cubase 9, I read that only VST Connect SE is included in Cubase 9 Pro, and no VST Connect is in Cubase 9 Artist, correct? Can someone please confirm this for me? I’m expecting that the demo versions are accurate representations of what I would be buying, so this is confusing.

It is especially concerning that I don’t appear to even be able to TRY VST Connect SE, to compare the difference with Pro. Help?

Thanks very much,
Ron

Cubase Pro 9.0 includes VST Connect Pro.

My brother bought a copy of Cubase Pro 9.0 in April and it includes VST Connect Pro. I was very surprised to see that, only expected to see SE. We’ve already put it to good use. I’ve been a Cubase user for many years and previously had to upgrade to Pro from SE. I recently upgraded to Cubase 9.0 Pro and it also includes the latest version of Connect Pro (v4).

Artist does not include the Control Room feature that is required by VST Connect hence no VST Connect, neither Pro nor SE. See feature comparison here:

Hi,

the demo licence for Cubase 9 Pro includes a demo licence for VST Connect PRO, too. VST Connect PRO is not part of Cubase 9 Pro - only VST Connect SE.

See you,
Michael.

I upgraded to Artist 9 specifically because the VST Connect SE is now in the comparison. I have it downloaded now and there is no VST Connect SE and Im finding out now that it looks like it doesnt come with it. Has anyone had any luck getting steinberg to make good on the product guide showing it has it?

In the comparison it shows now at least that it does come with it but I have not been able to find it or set it up. Also when I was downloading the software it was not in the list of added features from upgrade to Elements.

Artist does not include the Control Room feature that is required by VST Connect hence no VST Connect, neither Pro nor SE. See feature comparison here:

[/quote]

Hi,

oh, I am sorry. Only Cubase Pro supports VST Connect SE. The comparison table is wrong. We’ll fix that. Can you please contact me to get the problem sorted? m.spork ( at ) steinberg.de

Thanx,
Michael.

I did send you a PM.