Help Vst Connect

All topics on the VST Connect products and Studio Pass
BrianJosephProd

Help Vst Connect

Post by BrianJosephProd » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:09 pm

hey everyone i really need help with vst connect i have a friend that is a bass player and he is very far from me i know that certain people got this to work can anyone help me with VST Connect im on Cubase Pro 9.

Thank You
Last edited by -steve- on Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved to VST Connect forum

Nickeldome

Re: Help Vst Connect

Post by Nickeldome » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:22 pm

I've tried it a few times but somehow VSTConnect feels like a wheel of fortune? If you're lucky it works but the next time you start Cubase it fails again. So no, I can't confirm I've had success with it? There's also no really useful video's explaining hoe to set it up. Just some promotional stuff telling how incredible it is what you can do with it. There is one German video that goes a little more in depth but that's about version 1(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0VoobMAIGE). But at least you get the idea looking at this. Nowadays there is a vstconnect.cpr you can download or select from the menu that will set things up for you, but like I said, it's no guarantee it will work out of the box.
A good thing to do is get a 2nd machine (laptop) and connect this through a vpn connection. That way you can fool VST connect SE that it connects from another network because normally only the pro version will allow you to connect from within your own network. Now you can test the remote connection on this laptop and see what you need to set up to make it work. But be prepared for some major frustration. :-) Good luck!
Cubase Pro (always latest version) - Windows 10 Pro 64bit / Asus TUF Mark 1 X299 / i9-7900X (at 4.2 GHZ) / 64GB RAM / Geforce GTX 1060 6G / System drive Samsung M.2 1TB 960Pro / VST drives 3 x 1TB Samsung Evo / Project/Audio/Archive drive 10TB Seagate Ironwolf - Audio interface: Roland UA-1610 / External gear: Kawai MP11 / Kurzweil PC88 / Sequential Circuits Prophet 5 / Roland JV1080 / Roland D50 / Korg 01/W / Elka EK22 – Midi controllers: SoundQuest 8port-SE / Nektar Panorama P1 / Roland Octopad II / Akai MPD18 - Main VST's: Kontakt 5 / Padshop Pro / Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2.5 & Trillian / Arturia V-collection / FXpansion BFD 3 / Toontrack Superior Drummer 3
All time user of Cubase since Atari V2 (around 1990)

musicullum

Re: Help Vst Connect

Post by musicullum » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:47 pm

Right, version has changed and you should get along with an empty project and just "Create VST Connect". Most problems occur when attempting to fix things that ain't broken. For more detailed explanations also check out https://www.connectvst.com
musi

Return to “VST Connect”