VST Connect V 4.0.30

All topics on the VST Connect products and Studio Pass
Post Reply
User avatar
musicullum
Member
Posts: 653
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:31 pm
Contact:

VST Connect V 4.0.30

Post by musicullum » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:17 pm

We finally have a new version for you. Check it out:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/do ... t_pro.html
musi

dr
Junior Member
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:43 am
Contact:

Re: VST Connect V 4.0.30

Post by dr » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:27 pm

is there a change log ?

dr
Junior Member
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:43 am
Contact:

Re: VST Connect V 4.0.30

Post by dr » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:08 pm

closing the video window

"A serious problem has occurred: please try to save your project ...etc.etc."

then "pooof"

windows 10 64bit - cubase 10.0.40

User avatar
Spork
Moderator
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:20 pm
Contact:

Re: VST Connect V 4.0.30

Post by Spork » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:31 am

dr wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:27 pm
is there a change log ?
... it's online : Version-History

/Michael.
Michael Spork, Developer
Hamburg, Germany

User avatar
musicullum
Member
Posts: 653
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:31 pm
Contact:

Re: VST Connect V 4.0.30

Post by musicullum » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:38 am

dr wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:08 pm
closing the video window

"A serious problem has occurred: please try to save your project ...etc.etc."

then "pooof"

windows 10 64bit - cubase 10.0.40
Tried hard to reproduce but to no avail.
Could you pls provide some more details: plugin or Performer side? You refer to the extra video window, right? Or the plugin view? Are you connected?
Can you reproduce like so: Cubase, Empty project, Create VST Connect, open/close video window - crash?
Then: connect to Performer, open/close video window - crash?
Also it would be helpful to know which webcam you use, we made changes to support more cams so maybe some of that doesn't fit yours.

Thanks for helping to catch this!
musi

dr
Junior Member
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:43 am
Contact:

Re: VST Connect V 4.0.30

Post by dr » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:12 am

Hi

repro:

cubase 10 windows 64bit - empty project - create vst connect - open video window - close video window - Crash

logitech c920 camera (?)

there is a dmp file

User avatar
Spork
Moderator
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:20 pm
Contact:

Re: VST Connect V 4.0.30

Post by Spork » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:05 pm

dr wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:12 am
Hi

repro:

cubase 10 windows 64bit - empty project - create vst connect - open video window - close video window - Crash

logitech c920 camera (?)

there is a dmp file
... can you please send me the dmp file? m.spork ( at ) steinberg.de

Thank you,
Michael
Michael Spork, Developer
Hamburg, Germany

dr
Junior Member
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:43 am
Contact:

Re: VST Connect V 4.0.30

Post by dr » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:12 pm

hi Michael

will do that this evening

thanks again

dr
Junior Member
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:43 am
Contact:

Re: VST Connect V 4.0.30

Post by dr » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:13 pm

Spork wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:31 am
dr wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:27 pm
is there a change log ?
... it's online : Version-History

/Michael.
wasn't there yesterday .. honest :)

User avatar
musicullum
Member
Posts: 653
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:31 pm
Contact:

Re: VST Connect V 4.0.30

Post by musicullum » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:28 pm

dr wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:12 am
Hi

repro:

cubase 10 windows 64bit - empty project - create vst connect - open video window - close video window - Crash

logitech c920 camera (?)

there is a dmp file
I have the exact same camera and cubase 10 on Windows 10 but it works fine.
I hope the crashdump helps, thanks for that.
musi

User avatar
musicullum
Member
Posts: 653
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:31 pm
Contact:

Re: VST Connect V 4.0.30

Post by musicullum » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:49 am

Turns out the problem only appears when the cam window is on a secondary monitor. We're investigating, for now keep the video window on the primary screen.
musi

dr
Junior Member
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:43 am
Contact:

Re: VST Connect V 4.0.30

Post by dr » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:57 pm

^^^^

In my case it's fine as to have the window on the 2nd screen as you don't "close" the video window on the 2nd screen - so no need for it disrupt your workflow :)

plus the performer app has the same issue

YMMV

User avatar
Spork
Moderator
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:20 pm
Contact:

Re: VST Connect V 4.0.30

Post by Spork » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:40 am

Hi,
dr wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:12 am
Hi

repro:

cubase 10 windows 64bit - empty project - create vst connect - open video window - close video window - Crash

logitech c920 camera (?)

there is a dmp file
Thank you very much for your help! We could fix the crash and we are preparing a new version.

Stay tuned,
Michael.
Michael Spork, Developer
Hamburg, Germany

derekjhunt
New Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:31 pm
Contact:

Re: VST Connect V 4.0.30

Post by derekjhunt » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:57 pm

Same crash for me. I ran it through WinDbg again, found it crashed during the driver initialization. On my system, the on-board audio system enabled, I attempted to disable the device and that produced the same result.
Annotation 2019-10-05 135000.jpg
Screenshot of rthdasio driver init and crashing.
(313.86 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I found the two DLLs (located in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\RTCOM and C:\Windows\System32\RTCOM). I renamed both DLLS and restarted the application. The application started up correctly.

Here are the details of the two Realtek HD ASIO drivers.
driver_details.jpg
(87.92 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Hope this helps. I'm willing to test and work with the team to resolve this.

User avatar
Spork
Moderator
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:20 pm
Contact:

Re: VST Connect V 4.0.30

Post by Spork » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:59 pm

Hi derekjhunt,

Thank you for your report. Is it possible to send me the dll files? Maybe zipped? m.spork ( at ) steinberg.de
And do you have a link where I can download the installer for the Realtek HD ASIO driver?

Thanx,
Michael.
Michael Spork, Developer
Hamburg, Germany

dr
Junior Member
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:43 am
Contact:

Re: VST Connect V 4.0.30

Post by dr » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:02 pm

Hi Gentlemen

did you get a feel for how long before you release an updated beta ? The last beta took 18 months to be released.

derekjhunt
New Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:31 pm
Contact:

Re: VST Connect V 4.0.30

Post by derekjhunt » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:12 am

Spork wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:59 pm
Hi derekjhunt,

Thank you for your report. Is it possible to send me the dll files? Maybe zipped? m.spork ( at ) steinberg.de
And do you have a link where I can download the installer for the Realtek HD ASIO driver?

Thanx,
Michael.
I sent you the DLLs for both the 32 and 64 directories and a possible location for the driver download ( I don't recall actually installing the drivers).

Thanks! - Derek

User avatar
Spork
Moderator
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:20 pm
Contact:

Re: VST Connect V 4.0.30

Post by Spork » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:29 am

derekjhunt wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:12 am
Spork wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:59 pm
Hi derekjhunt,

Thank you for your report. Is it possible to send me the dll files? Maybe zipped? m.spork ( at ) steinberg.de
And do you have a link where I can download the installer for the Realtek HD ASIO driver?

Thanx,
Michael.
I sent you the DLLs for both the 32 and 64 directories and a possible location for the driver download ( I don't recall actually installing the drivers).

Thanks! - Derek
... I have not received any mail from you? Maybe our firewall has prevent it because of the dll files? Can you please send it again? And can you zip the dll files?

Thank you,
Michael
Michael Spork, Developer
Hamburg, Germany

Post Reply

Return to “VST Connect”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests