How to create a Mono Performer Track?

All topics on the VST Connect products and Studio Pass
sowingtheseeds

How to create a Mono Performer Track?

Post by sowingtheseeds » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:08 pm

When I create a Performer track in Cubase 8.5.20 in the VST menu Create Performer Track, a Stereo Track is created but what I need is a Mono track. I understand how the assign a mono input to a track, but the stereo track only indicates one side of the track, i.e. left or right. How do I create a Mono Performer Track?

Thank you in advance.

sowingtheseeds

Re: How to create a Mono Performer Track?

Post by sowingtheseeds » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:37 pm

well this has been out here for 5 days and no response ... is this a new one for Steinberg support team?

What the abbreviated manual says does not jive with what actually happens.. By default, Connect Pro creates a stereo performer track... even if you set the Performers individual channels to mono.

musicullum

Post by musicullum » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:04 pm

sowingtheseeds wrote:well this has been out here for 5 days and no response ... is this a new one for Steinberg support team?

What the abbreviated manual says does not jive with what actually happens.. By default, Connect Pro creates a stereo performer track... even if you set the Performers individual channels to mono.
sorry, got a notification about a new post only today.
If you are desperate for mono, you can split channels after recording, or remove the VST Connect Stereo Input Channel, create a Mono Input Channel (all in Devices/VST Connections/Inputs tab), and insert the VST Connect plugin there so that further Performer recordings will be mono.
musi

sowingtheseeds

Post by sowingtheseeds » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:17 pm

"create a Mono Input Channel (all in Devices/VST Connections/Inputs tab), and insert the VST Connect plugin there so that further Performer recordings will be mono."

Excellent! Thank you!

Return to “VST Connect”