Turn off that loop in the ruler?

I would +1 the option to turn this off. I can’t tell you how many times I accidentally click CYCLE on while navigating on the ruler…Such a workflow buster. If I want CYCLE on, I’ll trigger it one of several other ways.

1 Like

You can setup the left and right locators by clicking and dragging the upper part of the ruler. Switching cycle mode on by clicking between them absolutely does make sense.

Even if it makes sense for you, still the biggest problem is that many users switch cycle mode unintentionally because of that feature. It is definitely confusing and annoying.

1 Like

You can set a preference to locate cursor to a click anywhere in the arrangement that doesn’t contain events or parts, then you don’t need to go anywhere near the ruler.

Preferences>Transport> Tick Box: “Locate when clicked in empty space”.

1 Like

So setting the loop start/end positions and enabling the loop is unrelated to you? :stuck_out_tongue: Sorry, it’s a little easy to counter that one.

TBH, my problem here is the area for dragging and turning on and off the loop is too small, I’d be happier to see it taller… but then as I said, I like the implementation.

I suppose the single click could be changed to a double click, making on/off less easy to keep doing by accident.

Mike.

Great idea!
That would solve the problem.

Nice feature!
If only it also worked in the key editor :frowning:

How did you do that?

My beef is that the ruler is just too small to have two features on the top and bottom halves. I’m always accidentally clicking on the wrong feature. And when did they add the “drag the cycle zone” left or right feature? I’m also accidentally moving my locators with this feature. Can that function be defeated? The ruler and the navigation bar at the bottom of every window are too small.

Honestly, is one of the best features of Cubase, it basically helps you to listen all the changes you have done to a track again and again, to turn in off just press F2 and clinking on the loop button or press “/” button in the pad of numbers of your keyboard

It’s really annoying , I hit it by mistake again and again :frowning:
Key commands and button on F2 pannel seems to be enough to turn loop on/off

There is one work around this problem, by creating another ruler (Project → Add Track → Ruler. This at least makes the area you click a little bigger and less chance of accidentally hitting the cycle function. It’s just very annoying that Steinberg forces their stupid ideas on us and don’t even give us the option of disabling it.

1 Like

thanks tertiusj! this does the job!

I use alt commands for all add track related… Alt Gr for display related, like info line, zones etc. Alt R is add ruler. Shame to waste it on such a rarely used command but it fits logic.

I’ve set the standard ‘/’ (the ? key) to be Loop Selection Play as the ‘Numpad /’ is Cycle.

Was there a more permanent solution found? I absolutely hate this feature!! I also can’t stand how when you accidentally record when this loop feature turns on by accident, you track is as long as the loop, such an impediment on the workflow!! I’ve added the extra ruler track, but my key commands don’t seem to be doing the same things noted in the thread…

1 Like

Yes, you can turn it off in preferences now! Thank Gawd!

1 Like

Where in preferences? In Cubase 11?

here in preferences

1 Like

Oh this must be in Cubase 11. My 10 doesn’t have this option to click in the transport menu. darn. thanks anyhow!