Creating Cubase Patch Scripts

I’ve made them for all my external hardware. They’re pretty easy to write, but it’s time consuming. If you can get a text file with the patch names, you’re half way there. There is somewhat limited documentation in %AppData%\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase_9_64\Scripts\Patchnames.
If you need files for Roland FantomX, Eventide Eclipse, TC Electronic D-Two, or Lexicon MPX 550, let me know.

Hey Tom-

Saw your helpful comment about Cubase expecting Program Change 0-127. I’m in the process of creating a device for the Roland System-8. But, I have a giant hurdle, my patch lists won’t work. Its crazy, I have no problem changing patches in Logic, Reaper, but so far I got jack in Cubase…no response. Any insight would be helpful. According to the Roland spec sheet, MSB 85, LSB 0 (This is for internal, at 1 for each bank), PC.

-Mike

Update: I’ve been banging my head for a week, and it might be a bug. My Mac would not see the patch file generated from ScriptMaker. But the same file on the PC is recognized. I then exported the XML on the PC side and imported it into the Mac, and it worked great.

Hi Tom H,

I’m new here after purchasing 9 Pro. May I please request a copy of your Eclipse script? Thank you.

Here you go: Dropbox - Eclipse v4.txt - Simplify your life

Yea I had that program on my laptop,I need to find it again,I had all the patches for my external effects units ,now I have more I need to program …and I had the panels set up for some units ,that can have program changes in them ,but I used them for editing reverb depths and chorus rates and other midi cc parameters…was really cool

nowadays you can just copy patch lists from PDF manuals, really beats all the manual typing as per old days.

But what’s that program called? The program that makes the patch scripts for midi?

Scriptmaker it’s on the Steinberg ftp

Dear All did you manage to get YAMAHA PSR-A3000 cubase Patch Script as I am desperate for it too and I cant find any where.

Hi folks.
I’m also new after a recent 9.5 Pro purchase and would love a patch script for a D-Two, if still available?
Many thanks
Tony

Ok, where is that FTP?

ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/Archives/

Tom this is awesome! Thanks a lot!

Hello I have a great video explaining how to make a patchname script for cubase.
Check it and if you need help let me know.

Im curently making the Korg PA-300 script.
See you :slight_smile:

hi guys…i have korg pa700or I tried to creat a patch file for Cubase 10.5 .the only problem im having that the korg pa700or has a local bank Cubase wont see it…( im not good in this ) I priciest with little help thankx all

i tried to serch online…but they don’t have for korg pa700or…they have for pa3x and 4x …not the pa700 or.

If that “local” bank can be selected via MIDI then you can put it into the script. Does the rest of your existing script work (can you select the other banks OK)?

Ready? Did you do it? Where is ?

You can connect to the Steinberg FTP site with Filezilla and then go to: /Download/PC_Stuff/Patchname_Script_Maker/English